Line wrapping and readability on mobile screens

Dave Unger

Jul 18, 2015, 6:07:37 PM7/18/15
to sup...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed that the line breaks in emails that I send from Sup look bad on mobile devices (or at least they look terrible on the gmail android app). The problem seems to come from a collision between the hard line-wraps that Vim inserts and the wrapping that the android client uses to display the message (basically the default gmail client doesn't reflow the paragraphs).

Is there something I can do on my end to send emails that other readers (especially those more geared toward html messages) will have an easier time displaying? I was playing around with just setting up vim for soft wrapping, but I don't love that solution (for vim-based reasons).

Thanks,
Dave

Gaute Hope

Jul 19, 2015, 3:50:21 AM7/19/15
to Dave Unger, sup...@googlegroups.com
Dave Unger writes on July 19, 2015 0:07:
This could be related to format-flowed, which is not set to true in sup.
Check out this old PR: https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/pull/228

-gaute

Dave Unger

Jul 19, 2015, 11:48:46 AM7/19/15
to sup...@googlegroups.com
That sounds promising. Is this a feature that wasn't implemented? I tried just adding ":format-flowed: true" to config.yaml, with no apparent effect.

Gaute Hope

Jul 19, 2015, 11:52:33 AM7/19/15
to Dave Unger, sup...@googlegroups.com
No, it wasn't implemented, the PR needed some more work.

-gaute