List of Followers/Following in VBA results in 'failed' after initial success

SB

Mar 22, 2013, 9:08:39 AM3/22/13
to supertweet-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All, hope you can help.

I'm trying to get a list of followers for my account thru SuperTweet in VBA.

It worked perfectly until the recent 1.1 change, so I changed my code for new URLs.

I use this URL:

Most of the time, I get back the first 20 followers, including a cursor value.  Then when I try it with the new cursor, I mostly get
Response: failed

If I try the URLs directly into the address bar of a browser, with the new cursor, I get the correct response displayed.

Sometimes in the program, I get 3 or 4 blocks of 20, and I even got about 20 blocks once or twice, so I'm puzzled.

I've tried waiting in code for a few secs between requests, and adding timeouts, but I've never had a full set of followers returned since using 1.1.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Mr Blog

Mar 22, 2013, 1:23:45 PM3/22/13
to supertweet-...@googlegroups.com
There is short-term and long-term rate limiting in the API. You need to avoid sending requests too rapidly and avoid sending more than your rate-limited number of requests per 15 minute window and daily total.  Add a delay of several seconds and your requests should work as long as you don't hit the 15 minute window or daily limits.

In general, we intend light usage of this free API service. Use above 30-50 requests per hour is considered heavy and may be looked at by our volunteer administrators who provide the service and their time free.