Failed Tweets

Matthew Fischer

Sep 30, 2012, 1:17:03 PM9/30/12
to supertweet-...@googlegroups.com
I've been using the SuperTweet Proxy for a couple years and have had very few issues, but over the last couple weeks I've seen a whole bunch of "failed" tweets. I was using the .xml endpoint but have switched to the .json 1.1 one. Should that fix the problem? If not what can I look for to see what else might be causing problems? I've never really had to troubleshoot anything with SuperTweet because it's pretty much just worked up to this point.

Mr Blog

Sep 30, 2012, 2:27:46 PM9/30/12
to supertweet-...@googlegroups.com

Capture the output, HTTP headers and all, and send it to us to look at. Also if you can provide the exact date and time, that will help us locate your request in the logs.

Ensure you have not hardcoded the IP addresses for api.supertweet.net or if you do hard-code the IP addresses, make sure they are all still valid and be prepared to check it once in a while and update your code with valid IP addresses from a DNS lookup.