Fwd: Soundcamp, Open Calls + More

Dave Lynch

Apr 28, 2021, 6:56:52 AMApr 28
to superp...@googlegroups.com

Sent on the hoof

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Full of Noises <in...@octopuscollective.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021, 11:00
Subject: Soundcamp, Open Calls + More
To: <d...@davelynch.net>

Full of Noises - Soundcamp, Open calls + more
Full of Noises News - Soundcamp, Piel View, open calls + more
View this email in your browser
Soundcamp / Reveil 8 - 01/05/2021

Soundcamp - Barrow Park
1st May 2021, 12:00-18:00
Drop-in / Performances on the hour
Free admission

In place of our usual camping event, we’ll be turning Barrow Park bandstand into a space to listen in to Reveil - a 24+1 hour broadcast streaming the sounds of the dawn chorus from around the globe. The bandstand will also be hosting socially distanced musical performances and drop-in workshops from cellist Maja Bugge, improv duo The Great Indoors (Ged Kite and Barmy Owl), visual artist Danielle Chappell and more during the afternoon...

More info...
Piel View House - image by LEDA
Piel View House
Renovation and Project Space

FoN is excited to announce the redevelopment of our studio space, Piel View House. Orginally Built in 1908 as part of Barrow’s Thomas Mawson-designed park, the former park keeper's house has hosted upwards over 100 artists’ projects, workshops and residencies since FoN moved into the space in 2010.

Designed and managed by LEDA, the redevelopment project will create a new, low-energy, public performance & project space alongside studios and accommodation for residencies and visiting artists. We look forward to welcoming back audiences old and new to the park when Piel View reopens in 2022!

This project is funded by Arts Council England and the Sir John Fisher Foundation, with support from Barrow Borough Council.

Read more...
Acoustic Commons Streambox - image by Sam Baraitser Smith

Acoustic Commons
New Audio Streams & Reveil 8

Acoustic Commons brings the sounds of Europe and beyond into your home. As part of this collaborative project with CONA, Soundcamp, Locus Sonus and many partner orgnisations, new open microphone streamboxes have been installed at South Walney Nature Reserve in Cumbria; Stave Hill Ecological Park in London; Frioul Archipelago in the Bay of Marseille in France and Tivoli, Rožnik and Šiška Hill Landscape Park in Ljublijana, Slovenia, joined later this week by a stream from the Flora and Fauna Preservation Park in Chania, Crete.

These streams and many more can also be heard as part of the 24+1 hour Reveil broadcast this weekend (1st/2nd May).

Listen...
Programme Update
& Open Call

Starting this weekend, we'll be running a series of small scale, covid-safe events in and around Barrow park. These will take place through the Summer months in place of our festival weekend, and will be a chance to see some of the work that our 2020/21 commissioned artists have been working on alongside performances and installations from visiting artists.

We are looking to grow our pool of artists through inviting expressions of interest for the following:
1) Park Events: Artists based within Cumbria and the North -  let us know about a performance, workshop, installation or other activity that you'd like to bring along for an afternoon over the Summer.
2) Project Space Events: Looking ahead to our new space opening in 2022, we would like to
expand our contact list of UK based artists that are interested in touring or bringing new work to Barrow.

Click the button below for more info and to fill in the (very) short form:

Open call...

Opportunities:
Barra Culture

Barrow's Creative People and Places project Barra Culture are running a series of open calls for artists and team members! Applications are live now for: Residencies - Community-Engaged Artists and Companies working in various fields for the 'Barrow’s Green Spaces', 'Digital Map of Barrow', 'Ormsgill – Now and Then' & 'Barra Palettes' projects; a Creative Communities Producer; Creative Communities Connectors and grants to develop projects for Barrow-based creatives. Read more and apply at the Barra Culture website.

More info...
Yo No Bi 2020 - Online Studio Visits by ame

FoN Recommends:
Yo No Bi Online Studio Visits

Like many events planned for 2020, the fourth edition of the YoNoBi tour (co-produced and curated with ame) was postponed until travel becomes possible again. During lockdown, ame have been busy filming interviews and studio visits over Zoom with artists Chan Cho-Kiu  / Bunchi, Muku Kobayashi & Tadashi Yonago...

Watch...
Facebook Facebook
Twitter Twitter
Website Website
Vimeo Vimeo
Flickr Flickr
Copyright © 2021 Octopus Collective, All rights reserved.
You have been an Octopus audience member, workshop participant, artist or other contact.

Our mailing address is:
Octopus Collective
Piel View House
Abbey Road
Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA13 9BD
United Kingdom

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp