n=9 superpermutation of length 408,964

53 views
Skip to first unread message

Theo H.

unread,
Sep 29, 2026, 8:23:44 PM (11 days ago) Sep 29
to Superpermutators
Hi all,

The recent developments here have been very exciting. In addition to Raudvere and Echols's clean constructions, and the jaw dropping n=8 silent PR by rumstd, there has been a lot of mathematical work that is super interesting.

I want to share an Egan length - 2 savings I was able to discover with the help of ChatGPT. Of note, it has 240 repeat permutations.

Could someone please verify this and make sure it's not a fluke?

Best,
Theo H.
superperm9_408964.txt

Theo H.

unread,
Oct 1, 2026, 8:16:48 AM (10 days ago) Oct 1
to Superpermutators
Hi all,

I have attached a canonical version of the original permutation that I discovered (begins 12345678912345678...)
I have also discovered an Egan length - 12 superpermutation of n=9 symbols using a stronger lift of the n=8 rumstd word, and converted it to canonical form.

Best,
Theo H.
superperm9_408964_canonical.txt
superperm9_408954_canonical.txt

Theo H.

unread,
Oct 1, 2026, 8:43:00 AM (10 days ago) Oct 1
to Superpermutators
P.S. After some work I was able to sharpen the lift to 408,947 symbols

- Theo
superperm9_408947_canonical.txt
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages