Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
Superpermutators
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
Superpermutators
Contact owners and managers
1–30 of 204
This group is for anyone who is interested in the minimal superpermutation problem. Please do sign up if you’re interested.
We have a GitHub repository at
https://github.com/
superpermutators/superperm
. Let me know if you’d like to be added to the organisation.
Background reading:
Nathaniel Johnston’s blog (
1
,
2
,
3
) and
paper
,
Robin Houston’s
paper
,
Greg Egan’s
web page
.
Article
by Erica Klarreich in Quanta magazine.
Videos:
Numberphile
(Jan 2018)
Matt Parker
(Jan 2019)
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
Jakub Halfar
Oct 8
s(7) >= 5,899, proved in Lean
Hi all, Every superpermutation on 7 symbols has at least 5899 letters, and the proof is in Lean.
unread,
s(7) >= 5,899, proved in Lean
Hi all, Every superpermutation on 7 symbols has at least 5899 letters, and the proof is in Lean.
Oct 8
Alexander K
, …
Theo H.
12
Oct 7
Exact Greedy Tightness and Self-Similarity in the Recursive Superpermutation Construction (n=6, 7, 8, 9)
Hi Dr. Kolom and all, I have discovered some superpermutations equal to the length of the current
unread,
Exact Greedy Tightness and Self-Similarity in the Recursive Superpermutation Construction (n=6, 7, 8, 9)
Hi Dr. Kolom and all, I have discovered some superpermutations equal to the length of the current
Oct 7
Jakub Halfar
Oct 6
New upper bound with 1771/3456 and new lower bounds for n = 8 to 14, both in Lean
Hi all, I have two results proved in Lean: an upper bound with 1771/3456 in place of 43/80, and lower
unread,
New upper bound with 1771/3456 and new lower bounds for n = 8 to 14, both in Lean
Hi all, I have two results proved in Lean: an upper bound with 1771/3456 in place of 43/80, and lower
Oct 6
Jay Pantone
, …
Jakub Halfar
12
Oct 6
New upper bound: Superpermutations of length n! + (n-1)! + (n-2)! + (43/80 + o(1))(n-3)!
Hi all, I have new words for n = 10, 11, 12 and 13: n = 10: 4034873 -> 4034855 (-18, previous:
unread,
New upper bound: Superpermutations of length n! + (n-1)! + (n-2)! + (43/80 + o(1))(n-3)!
Hi all, I have new words for n = 10, 11, 12 and 13: n = 10: 4034873 -> 4034855 (-18, previous:
Oct 6
Haruhi Suzumiya
Oct 2
A Lean-verified correction to the Hunter–Raudvere lower bound
Hi all, I've been following the recent lower-bound threads and wanted to share some work that
unread,
A Lean-verified correction to the Hunter–Raudvere lower bound
Hi all, I've been following the recent lower-bound threads and wanted to share some work that
Oct 2
Theo H.
3
Oct 1
n=9 superpermutation of length 408,964
PS After some work I was able to sharpen the lift to 408947 symbols - Theo On Thursday, October 1,
unread,
n=9 superpermutation of length 408,964
PS After some work I was able to sharpen the lift to 408947 symbols - Theo On Thursday, October 1,
Oct 1
Robin Houston
,
Theo H.
2
Sep 30
Fwd: [superpermutators/superperm] superpermutation for n=8 symbols of length 46188 (PR #56)
Robin, This checks out according to my tests. What's really interesting is it has 48 repeat
unread,
Fwd: [superpermutators/superperm] superpermutation for n=8 symbols of length 46188 (PR #56)
Robin, This checks out according to my tests. What's really interesting is it has 48 repeat
Sep 30
William Echols
, …
Ranbir Das
3
Sep 10
s(8) >= 46,130 per GPT-6 Astra
Thanks Miles — this updated table is very useful for seeing where the lower-bound and construction
unread,
s(8) >= 46,130 per GPT-6 Astra
Thanks Miles — this updated table is very useful for seeing where the lower-bound and construction
Sep 10
Andrei Teodorescu
, …
Robin Houston
13
Aug 23
n=7 superpermutation of length 5905
Here are some transformed versions of the first two solutions, keeping the same length (5905) but
unread,
n=7 superpermutation of length 5905
Here are some transformed versions of the first two solutions, keeping the same length (5905) but
Aug 23
Justin Lebar
, …
Miles Gould
6
Aug 17
s(7) is at least 5898
On Mon, 17 Aug 2026 at 01:00, Benjamin Grayzel <benjami...@gmail.com> wrote: 'Per-
unread,
s(7) is at least 5898
On Mon, 17 Aug 2026 at 01:00, Benjamin Grayzel <benjami...@gmail.com> wrote: 'Per-
Aug 17
Benjamin Grayzel
, …
Ranbir Das
7
Aug 16
An independent, end-to-end Lean-verified candidate for s(6) = 872
>Miles They really do :/ I think it would help readability of future papers if someone picked some
unread,
An independent, end-to-end Lean-verified candidate for s(6) = 872
>Miles They really do :/ I think it would help readability of future papers if someone picked some
Aug 16
Vlad Gheorghe
2
Aug 11
Provisional census of all n=6, L=872 words
On Tuesday, August 11, 2026 at 10:35:12 PM UTC+2 Vlad Gheorghe wrote: Hi all, after proving that a(6)
unread,
Provisional census of all n=6, L=872 words
On Tuesday, August 11, 2026 at 10:35:12 PM UTC+2 Vlad Gheorghe wrote: Hi all, after proving that a(6)
Aug 11
Tomaz Kristan
, …
Shea Street
6
Aug 11
New superpermutations at n=6, L=872, with repeated permutations.
Miles: > How many of the known length-872 superpermutations have duplicates? Of 50018, a few days
unread,
New superpermutations at n=6, L=872, with repeated permutations.
Miles: > How many of the known length-872 superpermutations have duplicates? Of 50018, a few days
Aug 11
にか
,
Robin Houston
2
Aug 11
Lean-verified lower bound S(7) ≥ 5889
I haven't looked at this, so no comment on its correctness. But on the novelty question, I'm
unread,
Lean-verified lower bound S(7) ≥ 5889
I haven't looked at this, so no comment on its correctness. But on the novelty question, I'm
Aug 11
Uku Raudvere
, …
Randy Olsen
18
Aug 11
n=8 superpermutation of length 46204
I generated some statistics on the Uku Raudvere superpermutation of length 46204 for n = 8, if they
unread,
n=8 superpermutation of length 46204
I generated some statistics on the Uku Raudvere superpermutation of length 46204 for n = 8, if they
Aug 11
Tomaz Kristan
, …
Shea Street
11
Aug 10
A new 5906 long superpermutation witth a double permutation inside.
Here is my analysis/recheck on what was shared as I mentioned I would. I am using zero indexing and
unread,
A new 5906 long superpermutation witth a double permutation inside.
Here is my analysis/recheck on what was shared as I mentioned I would. I am using zero indexing and
Aug 10
Marin Kisic
,
Uku Raudvere
2
Aug 8
New way of thinking about lower bound and maybe improvement
I have an unpublished blind/independent proof of the the 'unverified' bound based on an idea
unread,
New way of thinking about lower bound and maybe improvement
I have an unpublished blind/independent proof of the the 'unverified' bound based on an idea
Aug 8
Miles Gould
, …
Robin Houston
4
Jul 29
Updates to spreadsheet of bounds
Mainly that I didn't understand its scope, but I have now added it (and updated the "best
unread,
Updates to spreadsheet of bounds
Mainly that I didn't understand its scope, but I have now added it (and updated the "best
Jul 29
Uku Raudvere
, …
Ranbir Das
7
Jul 29
(Another) machine-verified improvement to the lower bound
What happened in May may be summarized Best of luck with the applications On Wed, 29 Jul 2026 at 16:
unread,
(Another) machine-verified improvement to the lower bound
What happened in May may be summarized Best of luck with the applications On Wed, 29 Jul 2026 at 16:
Jul 29
Vlad Gheorghe
Jul 29
Preliminary: a certificate-backed proof that a(6) = 872
Hi everyone, thank you for letting me into the group. I am an AI engineer, not a mathematician. I
unread,
Preliminary: a certificate-backed proof that a(6) = 872
Hi everyone, thank you for letting me into the group. I am an AI engineer, not a mathematician. I
Jul 29
Uku Raudvere
, …
Ranbir Das
6
Jul 25
A machine-checked improvement of the HPV lower bound
Hi All, Thanks for the update. It's encouraging to hear that the overall approach appears
unread,
A machine-checked improvement of the HPV lower bound
Hi All, Thanks for the update. It's encouraging to hear that the overall approach appears
Jul 25
Theo H.
, …
Ranbir Das
8
May 22
Paper review
Good Morning to All Can the working paper/Pre-print be shared ? Thanks On Tue, 19 May 2026 at 22:05,
unread,
Paper review
Good Morning to All Can the working paper/Pre-print be shared ? Thanks On Tue, 19 May 2026 at 22:05,
May 22
yusheng hu
, …
Ranbir Das
13
May 5
Introduction: Efficient O((n−1)!) implementation for Superpermutation research
Parallelism doesn't mean multiple cores running in parallel. The algorithm's execution logic
unread,
Introduction: Efficient O((n−1)!) implementation for Superpermutation research
Parallelism doesn't mean multiple cores running in parallel. The algorithm's execution logic
May 5
Robin Houston
12/8/23
Meta: spam
There have been some attempts to spam this group recently, and so I am being stricter with requests
unread,
Meta: spam
There have been some attempts to spam this group recently, and so I am being stricter with requests
12/8/23
Саня Ершов
12/1/23
Tempat Download Film La Tahzan
Merpati Band - La Tahzan (Jangan Bersedih)\n\nAllah Maha Besar tempat ku mengadu\nTentang keluh kesah
unread,
Tempat Download Film La Tahzan
Merpati Band - La Tahzan (Jangan Bersedih)\n\nAllah Maha Besar tempat ku mengadu\nTentang keluh kesah
12/1/23
Amada Buerstatte
11/30/23
Audirvana Plus 3.0.2 License File For Mac
Audirvana Plus 3.0.2 License File For Mac DOWNLOAD https://urlca.com/2wHbPd eebf2c3492
unread,
Audirvana Plus 3.0.2 License File For Mac
Audirvana Plus 3.0.2 License File For Mac DOWNLOAD https://urlca.com/2wHbPd eebf2c3492
11/30/23
Amada Buerstatte
11/30/23
Gears Of War Wargame-g4wlive.exe Crack 19
Gears Of War Wargame-g4wlive.exe Crack 19 Download Zip https://urlca.com/2wHbP9 eebf2c3492
unread,
Gears Of War Wargame-g4wlive.exe Crack 19
Gears Of War Wargame-g4wlive.exe Crack 19 Download Zip https://urlca.com/2wHbP9 eebf2c3492
11/30/23
Amada Buerstatte
11/30/23
Sanctamariamascagnipdfdownload
sanctamariamascagnipdfdownload Download File https://urlca.com/2wHbP5 eebf2c3492
unread,
Sanctamariamascagnipdfdownload
sanctamariamascagnipdfdownload Download File https://urlca.com/2wHbP5 eebf2c3492
11/30/23
Amada Buerstatte
11/30/23
Desensitized Toward: Sexual Gays Imagery.
Now, two different messages about the Gay Victim are worth communicating. First, the public should be
unread,
Desensitized Toward: Sexual Gays Imagery.
Now, two different messages about the Gay Victim are worth communicating. First, the public should be
11/30/23
Amada Buerstatte
11/30/23
Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge Movie With English Subtitles Download For Hindi
TomTom Maps Of Western Europe 1GB 960 48Download ->>> =2sGdpGDear Garmin, I am using a
unread,
Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge Movie With English Subtitles Download For Hindi
TomTom Maps Of Western Europe 1GB 960 48Download ->>> =2sGdpGDear Garmin, I am using a
11/30/23