SuperFastMatch progress report

Donovan Hide

May 3, 2011, 5:52:47 AM5/3/11
to superfa...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

sorry for the delay in this report. Have been very busy working
towards getting a full end-to-end test running using US Congress
Bills. Have been a little anxious about suggesting exercising the code
until there is a concrete demonstration of it working. This should
hopefully be usable at some point this week.

Martin asked me to keep a diary of what I've been doing and I've
located this is in the documentation itself:

http://mediastandardstrust.github.com/superfastmatch/diary.html

The API documentation is starting to become a bit more readable too:

http://mediastandardstrust.github.com/superfastmatch/api.html

Any suggestions or questions more than welcome!

Cheers,
Donny.

Donovan Hide

May 13, 2011, 11:24:30 AM5/13/11
to Tom Lee, superfa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

sorry again for the infrequency of progress updates - been busy
writing tests and running them for the new features like updatability
of the index and faceting of results. Should have something that it
bootstrappable by Monday afternoon, is that a good point to have
another conference call? I'm available up to 17:00 British Summer Time
(timezone fun!).

The comments being transmuted into law sounds like an interesting
application indeed!

Cheers,
Donny.

On 12 May 2011 15:18, Tom Lee <tl...@sunlightfoundation.com> wrote:
> Just wanted to apologize for the radio silence from me -- James has been
> keeping me updated on your progress, which I've been very pleased to hear
> about.  I somehow missed this email the first time around, presumably due to
> the whims of Google Priority Inbox and its unfamiliarity with the
> superfastmatch mailing list, but I'm optimistic that this oversight won't
> happen again.
> At any rate: please do keep up the great work.  Just yesterday yet another
> use case for this project presented itself to me (examining the transmission
> of language from public comments on regulations.gov -- a 2M+ document corpus
> we are in the progress of scraping -- into the Code of Federal Regulations).
>  I remain quite excited about the potential applications of your work; I
> can't wait to have the bootstrap script declared ready to go.

Tom Lee

May 13, 2011, 11:42:18 AM5/13/11
to Donovan Hide, superfa...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great, Donny.  And yes, let's plan on a call then (at noon ET, I think? well, here's hoping!).

Tom Lee

May 16, 2011, 10:15:30 AM5/16/11
to Ben Campbell, superfa...@googlegroups.com, Donovan Hide
Of course! Talk to you in 45 minutes.

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Ben Campbell <b...@journalisted.com> wrote:
On 05/13/2011 04:42 PM, Tom Lee wrote:
Sounds great, Donny.  And yes, let's plan on a call then (at noon ET, I
think? well, here's hoping!).

You guys mind if I join the call? I doubt I've got much to add, but I'd like to lurk and listen and start playing around with the code properly some time...

Ben.
--
Ben Campbell (journalisted.com developer)