SC_Constants.h cmath issue

1 view

Dan S

Apr 7, 2010, 3:54:47 PM4/7/10
to supercollider-android-developers
OK, just bringing myself back up to speed with this (been away).

I've grabbed a fresh copy of Alex's source (git clone
g...@github.com:glastonbridge/SuperCollider-Android.git). When I try to
build the native code I get this:

~/android-ndk-1.6_r1$ make APP=SuperCollider-Android
Android NDK: Building for application 'SuperCollider-Android'
Compile thumb : scsynth <= apps/SuperCollider-Android/jni/Source/libc/
glob.c
Compile++ thumb: scsynth <= apps/SuperCollider-Android/jni/Source/
server/Rendezvous.cpp
Compile++ thumb: scsynth <= apps/SuperCollider-Android/jni/Source/
server/Samp.cpp
In file included from apps/SuperCollider-Android/jni/Source/server/
Samp.cpp:23:
apps/SuperCollider-Android/jni/Headers/plugin_interface/SC_Constants.h:
24:17: warning: cmath: No such file or directory

[followed by errors due to the failure to find cmath]

Last time I looked at this code, the include style had been changed
from upstream <cmath> to "math.h". I'm not clear on whether this has
been deliberately changed back, whether I need to do something
different or whether this needs fixing...?

Cheers
Dan

Alex Shaw

Apr 8, 2010, 3:46:43 AM4/8/10
to supercollider-an...@googlegroups.com

Possibly it's a bad merge, or an unexpected target platform. are you using the latest crystax ndk?

www.crystax.net/android/ndk-r3.php

I'm currently merging in some more unadulterated sc code so it could happen again soon. This is almost certainly a sign that automated builds would help in future :)

Dan S

Apr 11, 2010, 11:36:23 AM4/11/10
On Apr 8, 8:46 am, Alex Shaw <glastonbri...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Possibly it's a bad merge, or an unexpected target platform.

OK, well I've changed the include-style back, I believe that should be
OK - it didn't fix the build since I was using official NDK so it
choked on asserts etc.

> are you using
> the latest crystax ndk?
>
> www.crystax.net/android/ndk-r3.php

Aha - if I do, then it builds fine, thanks. Exceptions! Asserts! Cor.

> I'm currently merging in some more unadulterated sc code so it could happen
> again soon. This is almost certainly a sign that automated builds would help
> in future :)

Sounds good. By the way are you syncing with upstream? I didn't think
you were, but then I saw some additions that I think came from
upstream (e.g. the LOOP1 macro). There are quite a lot of changes
happening upstream but I'm thinking that the current strategy should
probably be to stick with whichever snapshot from upstream (do we know
which svn rev?) so that diffs etc are cleaner, and then sync back with
upstream when things are more stable.

By the way I added a listing to ohloh:
https://www.ohloh.net/p/supercollider-android

Dan