App size and NDK

Trevor Adams

Aug 8, 2012, 1:52:25 PM8/8/12
to supercollider-an...@googlegroups.com
I had a couple of questions about the SC native libraries.  For one, I'm trying to cut down on application size and was wondering, of the two dozen .so files the NDK spits out, if any of them other than libscsynth.so and libsndfile.so were important.  My app still works with the other files stripped out; does anyone know exactly what I'm missing?

Also, I'm trying to build for all platforms, including x86 and MIPS, but putting "APP_ABI := all" (or even"APP_ABI := x86") doesn't seem to work.  Has anyone built for these architectures successfully?

Thanks!

Dan Stowell

Aug 8, 2012, 2:49:41 PM8/8/12
2012/8/8 Trevor Adams <trevor...@gmail.com>:
> I had a couple of questions about the SC native libraries. For one, I'm
> trying to cut down on application size and was wondering, of the two dozen
> .so files the NDK spits out, if any of them other than libscsynth.so and
> libsndfile.so were important. My app still works with the other files
> stripped out; does anyone know exactly what I'm missing?

Hi - I don't have an answer your second question, but for this one:
the .so files are mostly supercollider's plugins. Without any plugins,
it can't do any audio processing/synthesis.

If you know there's a limited functionality that you need, then you
can drop some or even most of the *UGens.so. The ones you pretty much
definitely shouldn't lose are: BinaryOpUGens IOUGens MulAddUGens
UnaryOpUGens, and in order to synthesise/process sound I'd expect you
need these too really: PanUGens FilterUGens OscUGens.

Dan

--
http://www.mcld.co.uk

Trevor Adams

Aug 8, 2012, 3:35:57 PM8/8/12
to supercollider-an...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!  I'll play around with it, but make sure to hold on to those you mentioned.