Eclipse project

itemState

Aug 23, 2010, 7:25:41 PM8/23/10
to supercollider-android-developers
Hey,

i was just trying to build the project, but something in eclipse seems
to be screwed. at first i thought my eclipse 3.5 might be too old, so
i updated to 3.6, but the error is the same. i imported SuperCollider-
Android into my workspace, but it opens up with all the android API
missing, and when i go to properties -> android, i get an error

"The currently displayed page contains invalid values".

i can select "Builders" and then "Android" again, and i get the radio
buttons for the API level, but eclipse won't remember what i do here,
even if i hit apply or ok.

probably easiest is to create the .project anew? how difficult would
it be to add an ant build.xml script so it could be build from the
command-line?

best, -sciss-

Dan Stowell

Aug 24, 2010, 2:44:36 AM8/24/10
to supercollider-an...@googlegroups.com
2010/8/24 itemState <annabl...@yahoo.de>:

> Hey,
>
> i was just trying to build the project, but something in eclipse seems
> to be screwed. at first i thought my eclipse 3.5 might be too old, so
> i updated to 3.6

Oh I'm afraid Google recommends *not* upgrading to 3.6, apparently
there are some things which don't quite work right in 3.6.

> , but the error is the same. i imported SuperCollider-
> Android into my workspace, but it opens up with all the android API
> missing, and when i go to properties -> android, i get an error
>
> "The currently displayed page contains invalid values".
>
> i can select "Builders" and then "Android" again, and i get the radio
> buttons for the API level, but eclipse won't remember what i do here,
> even if i hit apply or ok.
>
> probably easiest is to create the .project anew?

Maybe. Did you go to "File > Import existing project"? The best way is
actually to go "File > New > Project > Android project" and then in
the new-project-wizard choose "from existing source". That worked for
me to import the git trunk...

> how difficult would
> it be to add an ant build.xml script so it could be build from the
> command-line?

I don't know - I know from android docs that it's possible, though
eclipse is the recommended route since it has integrations for stuff
like pushing to the device, running virtual devices, etc.

Actually it looks like Alex mentions what to do for ant here:
http://wiki.github.com/glastonbridge/SuperCollider-Android/get-a-development-branch

Dan
--
http://www.mcld.co.uk

itemState

Aug 24, 2010, 7:09:29 PM8/24/10
to supercollider-android-developers
ah ok, yeah i did import project, so i will follow your advise and
retry with creating a new project with existing sources, one of the
next days :)