kung fu yoga

danny schedel

Nov 27, 2014, 2:07:13 AM11/27/14
to supercha...@googlegroups.com
is it happening for real.. is jackie really involved in this project? please tell me

SCB / Big Chief :)

Nov 27, 2014, 5:46:18 AM11/27/14
to supercha...@googlegroups.com
Good question.

This project has been around for a long time, seems that they now have new script. We will have to wait and see.

danny schedel

Nov 27, 2014, 5:55:03 AM11/27/14
to supercha...@googlegroups.com
oh okk..cant wait for the information about this.. please update us soon

carsten172

Mar 26, 2015, 6:40:15 AM3/26/15
to supercha...@googlegroups.com
Does anybody know if Kung Fu Yoga will be like an oldschool Kung Fu Film or what can we expect from this movie?

SCB / Big Chief :)

Mar 26, 2015, 9:04:55 AM3/26/15
to supercha...@googlegroups.com
Stanley Tong has been appointed as director of this movie, Jackie has been talking about it, but really with all these projects - nothing is cast in stone until they start filming. Jackie said in an interview he HOPES they can start filming in autumn .. which means end of 2015.

carsten172

Mar 26, 2015, 10:59:09 AM3/26/15
to supercha...@googlegroups.com

SCB / Big Chief :)

Mar 26, 2015, 12:48:09 PM3/26/15
to supercha...@googlegroups.com
Nothing is fixed until they are on set and cameras are rolling - until then things change all the time.

carsten172

Aug 25, 2015, 6:22:52 AM8/25/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
According to news reports "Kung Fu Yoga" begins filming this September in Dubai. The crew is already there...

http://news.yahoo.com/jackie-chan-film-kung-fu-yoga-dubai-090800988.html

It seems that " Railroad tigers" has been postponed...

SCB / Big Chief :)

Aug 25, 2015, 7:38:00 AM8/25/15
to supercha...@googlegroups.com
1. Railroad Tigers is running a 'star search' in conjunction with Jackie's movie school looking for student actors who will win a hands on learning experience on set of Railroad Tigers IN OCTOBER.

2. This is the origin of the now much repeated 'news' that Jackie is filming in Dubai.

a. There is NO confirmation that Katrina Kaif has signed on - and in recent (like this week) interviews no-one has asked her nor has she mentioned a word about working with Jackie.

b. Aamir Khan was asked, but did not sign on (another inaccuracy)

c. the article refers to an 'announcement' - but there is no such announcement.

3. Railroad Tigers has actively put out a casting call for extras to work from October 16 onwards.

SCB / Big Chief :)

Sep 2, 2015, 2:05:05 PM9/2/15
to supercha...@googlegroups.com
Katrina Kaif has confirmed that she is NOT making the movie with Jackie

A few weeks ago, there were reports that Katrina Kaif has signed her first-ever international film alongside Hollywood superstar Jackie Chan. But the actor reveals that she hasn’t come on board the much talked-about project.

Katrina, 32, confirmed that she did get the offer, and there “was a discussion” too, but things didn’t work out. “I need to be here (Mumbai), and work on the films I have in the Hindi film industry,” she says, adding, “I never speak about offers. If you aren’t doing a film, why must you talk about it? Whoever else does it will speak about it.”

There have been a number of casting calls for various different age groups popping up in China for Railroad Tiger - ALL give the October 16 starting date and put shooting at 70 days.

There is a rumour that Aarif Rahman (HK singer / actor) has signed for Kungfu Yoga but again no definite confirmation that he has or what for what role.

So we can conclude that there is plenty of confirmation of when and where Railroad Tigers is filming and none whatsoever for Kungfu Yoga. I'm putting my money on Railroad Tigers being Jackie's next movie.

Annet

Sep 2, 2015, 2:54:54 PM9/2/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
apparently it's going to take a while before filming on this film can finally start. It seems to take a bit before they get Jackie Chan's co-stars.

carsten172

Sep 26, 2015, 7:54:41 AM9/26/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group

Lay Will be Acting in Movie "Kungfu Yoga" with Jackie Chan as the Male Lead

http://onehallyu.com/topic/226254-lay-will-be-acting-in-movie-kungfu-yoga-with-jackie-chan-as-the-male-lead/

Kung Fu Yoga has some awesome locations such as Dubai, Korea, China, Spain ...

carsten172

Sep 27, 2015, 5:52:50 AM9/27/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
http://superchanblog.blogspot.de/2015/09/silk-road-film-festival.html

Does anybody know what it means when Jackie is going to film Kung Fu Yoga for 6 Days in Dubai before he begins filming Railroad Tigers. Does the filming of Kung Fu Yoga stop or are both movies made at the same time?

carsten172

Sep 27, 2015, 6:06:15 AM9/27/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
http://gulfnews.com/leisure/movies/news/jackie-chan-to-start-filming-in-dubai-on-monday-1.1590499

Here it is written that Jackie is filming for 33 days in Dubai. Which news is right?

SCB / Big Chief :)

Sep 27, 2015, 6:57:58 AM9/27/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
Both can be correct at the same time

Production 33 days

Jackie's part 6 days.

Annet

Sep 27, 2015, 7:07:21 AM9/27/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
If jackie's part can be filmed in only 6 days, his part can't be very big.

SCB / Big Chief :)

Sep 27, 2015, 8:06:40 AM9/27/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
I suspect not, but we shall  have to wait and see.

carsten172

Sep 27, 2015, 1:02:22 PM9/27/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
But according to the news report Jackie is filming Railroad Tigers in October. How is this possible when he is filming Kung Fu Yoga. Is Kung Fu Yoga put on hold then?

SCB / Big Chief :)

Sep 27, 2015, 2:25:56 PM9/27/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
Railroad Tigers is set to start filming on 16 Oct.

A. Jackie said he was only filming for a few days in Dubai

B. Even if it is longer, he may not be needed on set for Railroad Tigers immediately.

carsten172

Sep 29, 2015, 5:12:35 AM9/29/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
so are both movies filmed at the same time

SCB / Big Chief :)

Sep 29, 2015, 6:57:05 AM9/29/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
let's look at this logically.

Let's assume that the small trickle of reports that Kung Fu Yoga started filming in Huairou at the beginning of September are correct. Jackie was only involved with a few days of that - mostly the 3 days filming in Xi'an. Now he is filming in Dubai - depending on which translation of what he said is accurate either 6 days or 20 days (both have been mentioned), but the film board in Dubai has said 33 days - so whichever it is 6 or 20 Jackie will not be there for the entire shoot in Dubai. Kung Fu Yoga is also supposed to be filming at least in India - which there is no mention of Jackie being involved with. He has said - Dubai for Kung Fu Yoga then back to China to film Railroad Tigers so I think it is safe to say that Jackie is not in Kung Fu Yoga that much. More than a cameo but less than a main part.

Railroad Tigers has extensively advertised they are shooting for 70 days from 16 October. Even if Jackie is in Dubai for 20 days from Friday 25 September he will be back in China in time for the start of filming.

carsten172

Sep 29, 2015, 2:18:14 PM9/29/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
ok, thanks

carsten172

Sep 30, 2015, 5:44:41 AM9/30/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/09/30/sonu-sood-jackie-chan-_n_8218324.html

Sonu Sood is going to play the parallel lead role. He is filming with Jackie from start to finish. Which means that Jackie has a lead role. Production is slated later in Beijing and India

SCB / Big Chief :)

Oct 6, 2015, 10:04:22 AM10/6/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
Apparently he is actually one of the villains or THE villain. No idea what 'parallel lead' is.

carsten172

Oct 18, 2015, 6:04:40 AM10/18/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
I think that Jackie is filming 70 Days for Railroad Tigers before continuing filming for Kung Fu Yoga in January. Because Jackie has got the lead role in both movies. That´s just a thought. What´s your opinion Big Chief?

SCB / Big Chief :)

Oct 18, 2015, 7:49:57 AM10/18/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
no they won't split the filming like that - its too hard to get the same crew back etc and it really messes with the filming if they have to take a break like that. Apparently they are going back to Beijing to finish filming in the next few days, but Jackie may be done with his scenes. We will have to wait and see when he joins Railroad Tigers.

It's a tough schedule if he goes straight from one production to another.

carsten172

Oct 24, 2015, 5:34:38 AM10/24/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group

SCB / Big Chief :)

Oct 24, 2015, 11:12:46 PM10/24/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
I saw that - as far as the movie is concerned I doubt they are pulling out at this late stage, so I think that it is possible that the news is only leaking out now. Although Jackie is now in China filming Railroad Tigers, action scenes under Bruce Law are still being filmed in Dubai so it hasn't stopped production. I can't imagine it would be hard for them to find alternative investors. I'm just not sure what it means for the movie as an India-China co-production.

Annet

Oct 25, 2015, 5:35:47 AM10/25/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
This film was made because of an agreement between China and India. I believe they agreed to make a certain amount of films together. Could this mean that Jackie Chan has to make another film in collaboration between China and India? Wouldn't mind, more films with Jackie Chan the better.

carsten172

Oct 29, 2015, 10:59:26 AM10/29/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group

SCB / Big Chief :)

Oct 31, 2015, 12:21:25 AM10/31/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
Ok so here is the low down.

Viacom18 was supposed to invest in the movie, but pulled out (for whatever reasons) before handing over any money. The movie is in production with the Chinese partners / investors money. The Chinese investment in the movie was always greater and the loss of Viacom has not affected production in anyway. There are a number of investors in discussions and a new deal is about to be signed (or has been signed by now). There is no problem! News people like to make drama. Drama sells papers. Boring facts don't. Unless you are the Wall Street Journal who broke the news and so far have been the only news source not to dramatize the whole thing.

carsten172

Oct 31, 2015, 6:07:31 AM10/31/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
https://sg.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/132249692219/jackie-chan-we-will-get-new-investors

Jackie is filming Railroad Tigers and when he´s done he is going to continue filming fo Kung Fu Yoga.

SCB / Big Chief :)

Oct 31, 2015, 3:50:12 PM10/31/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
I believe so, yes.

carsten172

Nov 1, 2015, 11:41:23 AM11/1/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
http://afspot.net/forum/topic/808325-20151030-aarif-rahmans-new-film-remains-unaffected-from-funding-rumors/

According to this unreliable news source. Jackie is going to continue filming in December in the UK

SCB / Big Chief :)

Nov 1, 2015, 12:10:37 PM11/1/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
He is due in London / UK in Jan for The Chinaman ... totally not sure about the statement that he is continuing with Kung Fu Yoga before that.

Unfortunately news reports can't be relied on. One said production was going to India; another said Spain and yet another said Iceland. Now there is one supposedly quoting Jackie in saying that it is going to be filming in the UK.

Alan Ng - one of the stunt team posted on Weibo that the team has arrived in Beijing safely while several other people have mentioned on Instagram that they will be going to Beijing. So I'm going to assume they know where they are going while the press don't.

The only part of that report I'm taking seriously is the bit about production not being affected by the non-involvement of Viacom. The rest - wait and see.

Annet

Nov 1, 2015, 1:31:24 PM11/1/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
thank you for the update. I think it is pretty sure the project is going to be finished, just not where and when. We'll see. We have many exciting project to look out for. Skiptrace this December and next year at least Railroad Tiger and the Chinaman.

SCB / Big Chief :)

Nov 1, 2015, 2:03:47 PM11/1/15
to supercha...@googlegroups.com
I did not mean to suggest that there is any uncertainty about the project. Only that the news reports aren't reliable in all their details.

Production has ended in Dubai, and has returned to Beijing to continue filming. I assume at Huairou Film Base as that is where they were filming before. Jackie is busy with Railroad Tigers. Then he will film The Chinaman. Perhaps there are some scenes he still needs to finish with Kung Fu Yoga between the end of Railroad Tiger and the start of The Chinaman - but we will have to see if that is true or not.

SCB / Big Chief :)

Nov 2, 2015, 6:05:00 AM11/2/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
http://7days.ae/jackie-chan-raps-kung-fu-yoga-in-dubai/74250?

7DAYS UAE | Jackie Chan wraps 'Kung Fu Yoga' in Dubai7DAYS UAE

NEVER MISS A STORY

Jackie Chan wraps ‘Kung Fu Yoga’ in Dubai

Megha Merani | November 2, 2015

It’s a wrap. Legendary actor Jackie Chan and crew have finished filming in Dubai for their production ‘KungFu Yoga’.

The cast and crew were in town for 33 days to shoot scenes across the city’s iconic locations.

A series of car chase sequences were filmed featuring the emirate’s amazing skyline and top infrastructure, roads and bridges.

The 61-year-old martial arts icon was spotted at various locations during his stay including the Burj Khalifa and Atlantis The Palm. He was also seen wearing a kandoura at the camel racetrack.

Chan left his hosts, the Dubai Film and TV Commission, with a special gift prior to departure – a kandoura signed by him.

Jackie Chan filming 'Kung Fu Yoga' in Dubai

jackie chan crew

Jackie Chan filming 'Kung Fu Yoga' in Dubai

A kandura signed by Jackie Chan to DFTC

kandura signed by jackie chan to DFTC

A kandura signed by Jackie Chan to DFTC

Jackie Chan filming 'Kung Fu Yoga'

jackie chan on set

Jackie Chan filming 'Kung Fu Yoga' in Dubai

Jackie Chan filming 'Kung Fu Yoga'

jackie chn behind the scenes

Jackie Chan filming 'Kung Fu Yoga'

Jackie Chan visits Atlantis in Dubai

jackie chan atlantis

Jackie Chan visits Atlantis in Dubai while filming 'Kung Fu Yoga'

Jackie Chan at camel races in dishdash in Dubai

Jackie Chan in dishdash in Dubai

Jackie Chan at camel races in dishdash in Dubai

Jackie Chan filming 'Kung Fu Yoga' in Dubai
A kandura signed by Jackie Chan to DFTC
Jackie Chan filming 'Kung Fu Yoga'
Jackie Chan filming 'Kung Fu Yoga'
Jackie Chan visits Atlantis in Dubai
Jackie Chan at camel races in dishdash in Dubai

Directed by Chan’s long-time friend Stanley Tong, the film also stars Bollywood actors Sonu Sood and Tiger Shroff, as well as Hong Kong actor Aarif Lee.

Chan will portray an archaeologist who seeks her help to find treasure from a different era by travelling back in time.

This was Chan’s first time filming in the Middle East.

The flick will be released next year.

The production by Beijing Taihe Entertainment Culture Development Co. Ltd., is the first project under India and China’s co-production agreement, which was signed in September 2014.

‘Kung Fu Yoga’ is the latest in a number of big name movies to be shot in the UAE.

Hollywood production ‘Star Trek’ also filmed across Dubai last month at the Meydan Hotel, ‎as well as the Burj Daman and Central Park towers in ‎DIFC.

Jamal Al Sharif, chairman, Dubai Film and TV Commission and MD, Dubai Studio City, said: “The shooting of large productions here in Dubai has not only facilitated the development of a sustainable local film industry, but has showcased the emirate’s attractions, lifestyle, locations and culture to a global audience, and truly established the emirate as a leading international filming hub.”

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-life/film/kung-fu-yoga-wraps-up-dubai-shoot-headed-to-beijing-next?

The Dubai film shoot of Jackie Chan’s upcoming movie Kung Fu Yoga has wrapped up – in local fashion.

As a parting gift, Dubai Film & TV commission were given a kandura signed by Chan.

Chan had been pictured wearing a kandura during his time in Dubai.

Bollywood actor Sonu Sood, part of the film’s cast, tweeted: “N the Dubai schedule of #kungfuyoga ends. Whole unit in the final shot. Will meet every1 in Beijing. Miss u all.”

Scenes were shot last month in Dubai Marina Walk and Atlantis the Palm, and there was also a car chase in Business Bay.

Kung Fu Yoga reunites 61- year-old martial arts star Chan with director Stanley Tong, who was behind Rumble in the Bronx. Also appearing are EXO’s Lay and rising Hong Kong star Li Zhiting.

The film had originally been a joint venture between two Chinese production companies, Taihe Entertainment Corp and Shinework Media, and the US-Indian studio Viacom 18. Last Sunday’s Wall Street Journalreported that Viacom 18 had pulled out.

But Chan reassured the ­public on Thursday: “Many companies are competing to dip their toes into this movie. The ­filming will not stop.”

SCB / Big Chief :)

Nov 2, 2015, 6:06:10 AM11/2/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
Kung Fu Yoga wraps up Dubai shoot, headed to Beijing next
Bollywood actor Sonu Sood, part of the film’s cast, tweeted: “N the Dubai schedule of #kungfuyoga ends. Whole unit in the final shot. Will meet every1 in Beijing. Miss u all.” Screen shot from Sonu Sood's Twitter

Kung Fu Yoga wraps up Dubai shoot, headed to Beijing next

Jessica Hill

November 1, 2015 Updated: November 1, 2015 03:35 PM

[...]

SCB / Big Chief :)

Nov 2, 2015, 6:07:39 AM11/2/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group

Jackie Chan wraps Dubai shoot of 'Kung Fu Yoga'

By Staff Writer
  • November 02 2015 12:17
  • ARTICLE
  • Share via facebook
  • Tweet this
  • Bookmark and Share

Chinese martial arts star Jackie Chan and his crew have finished filming of the Dubai sections of their upcoming movie, 'Kung Fu Yoga'.

The cast and crew were in Dubai for around 33 days, with scenes shot at various locations, including the Atlantis hotel on Palm Jumeirah, Dubai Marina and Jumeirah Lakes Towers.

There was also a car chase filmed in Business Bay.

Sixty-one-year-old Chan had been pictured wearing a traditional Arabic kandoura during his time in the emirate and reportedly gave Dubai Film and TV Commission a personally signed kandoura as a parting gift.

The crew will now travel to Beijing for the next leg of filming.

'Kung Fu Yoga' has an estimated $60 million budget and is directed by Chan’s old friend Stanley Tong.

The film also stars Bollywood actors Sonu Sood and Tiger Shroff, as well as Hong Kong actor Aarif Lee.

In the movie, Chan plays an archaeologist who helps to find treasure from a different era by travelling back in time. The film is to be released next year.

It is expected to combine the film traditions of China and India, and include fights scenes as well as some Bollywood-style dancing.

Bollywood actor Sonu Sood, part of the film’s cast, tweeted: “N the dubai schedule of#kungfuyoga ends..whole unit in the final shot..will meet every1 in Beijing. Miss u all.”

The film had originally been a joint venture between two Chinese production companies, Taihe Entertainment Corp and Shinework Media, and the US-Indian studio Viacom 18.

However, last week Arabian Business confirmed Viacom 18 had pulled out for unknown reasons

According to The National, Chan reassured the ­public saying: “Many companies are competing to dip their toes into this movie. The ­filming will not stop.”

SCB / Big Chief :)

Nov 2, 2015, 6:09:49 AM11/2/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group

It's a wrap for Jackie Chan, Sonu Sood's 'Kung Fu Yoga' in Dubai

Filming has shifted to Beijing

By
  • Sneha May Francis
Published

Directed by stunt master Stanley Tong 'Kung Fu Yoga' will be shot in Dubai, Beijing and India. (Twitter)

After filming in Dubai for 33 days, the cast and crew of action thriller 'Kung Fu Yoga' have bid their adieu to the desert city, and shifted to Beijing.

The movie stars Hollywood star Jackie Chan, Bollywood actors Sonu Sood and Ileana D'Cruz, and Chinese actor Zhang Guoli.

Directed by stunt master Stanley Tong, the movie is to be shot in Dubai, Beijing and India.

The cast posted images on their twitter pages to mark their Dubai good-byes.

"(And), the Dubai schedule of #kungfuyoga ends. Whole unit in the final shot. Will meet every1 in Beijing. Miss u all," Sood tweeted on October 31.

The Dubai Film and TV Commission also tweeted, "@SonuSood and the entire #KungFuYoga cast celebrating the final day of a wonderful filming journey in #Dubai!"

They also posted an image of an autographed Kandura by Chan. "A special gift #JackieChan offered us: his signature on the Kandura marking the end of #KungFuYoga's shoot in Dubai!"

Images of Chan, who was filming in the UAE for the first time, have been on the social media network ever since he landed end September. Images of him wearing a kandura also made it to twitter.

The movie, which was initially backed by an Indo-China production, has undergone a sudden change, with the Indian producer Viacom18 pulling out.

In an e-mail statement to Emirates14|7, their spokesperson said, "We had every intent to collaborate with 'Kung Fu Yoga'. However things didn’t work out as planned. But we are optimistic about more such partnerships in the future." The Chinese production companies are Shinework Media and Taihe.

Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif was earlier rumoured to play the lead alongside Chan, but it was denied by her publicists.

In fact, even Aamir Khan was offered a role, which he turned down due to clashing dates with his new film 'Dangal'.

carsten172

Nov 6, 2015, 9:34:46 AM11/6/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
The official synopsis of the movie:

Jack (Jackie Chan), a renowned professor of archeology at the Terracotta Warriors Museum in Xi'an, teams up with beautiful Indian professor Ashmita and assistant Kyra to locate India's lost Magadha treasure in Tibet. Jack's assistants Xiaoguang (Lay Zhang) and Nuomin (Miya Muqi) accompany them. They are later joined by Jones Lee (Aarif Rahman), whose father was Jack's old friend. Using various new clues and GPS, the group locates the lost Magadha army that had escorted the treasure in ancient times, buried in an ice cave that has been hidden for centuries. They are suddenly ambushed by Randall (Sonu Sood), a descendent of a rebel army leader who claims a right to the royal treasure. During the scuffle, Jones snatches a large diamond from the cave and flees, leaving Jack and his team trapped inside the frozen cave. Using yoga breathing techniques, Jack and Ashmita escape the cave through an icy river, returning to free the others. Defeated, Ashmita and Kyra return to India; Jack, Xiaogang and Nuomin travel to Dubai where the diamond is being auctioned. Although Jack secures the diamond, it is snatched by Randall leading to a daring car chase in which Ashmita secures it on a passing motorbike and vanishes. Realizing that the professor is not who she claims to be, Jack, his team and Jones fly to India. Ashmita and Kyra are in fact sisters and descendants of Magadha royalty, who wish to restore their family name. Jack agrees to help them again. When Jones and Kyra are kidnapped, Jack and Ashmita travel to the Sacred Mountain to unlock the treasure...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4217392/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

SCB / Big Chief :)

Nov 7, 2015, 1:50:52 PM11/7/15
to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
Jackie Chan wants to shoot more films in Dubai
Maxine De Vere, a line producer for Kung Fu Yoga in Dubai, with Jackie Chan. Courtesy Maxine De Vere

Jackie Chan wants to shoot more films in Dubai

Chris Newbould

November 7, 2015 Updated: November 7, 2015 12:53 PM

    Jackie Chan may have left Dubai following the month-long shoot for his new action comedy Kung Fu Yoga, due out next year, but it sounds like he may be back soon: the martial arts star made a speech at the wrap party, during which he told the assembled cast and crew that in the future he would rather shoot in Dubai than South Africa, the location for many of the Hong Kong actor’s recent films.

    With the shoot now wrapped, the crew are finally able to speak about their experience.

    Line producer Maxine De Vere says: “Jackie is thrilled, he wants to come back. He read that message out at his wrap party and told everybody, including his manager, that he would rather shoot here than South Africa,” she says. “It doubtlessly helped that we came in significantly ­under budget.”

    Chan is a prolific worker, with at least a further five films already announced or in various stages of production, and the UAE may not have to wait too long to see the star again.

    “He’s already got a script that he’s going to send me,” says De Vere. “Stanley Tong, the director, asked me where I was based, not just for UAE productions, but any future productions, so obviously I’m thrilled, too.”

    A month of fun

    De Vere, who was part of the Furious 7 shoot in Abu Dhabi last year, talks about her latest project with warmth. “There was a real family atmosphere. Everybody stayed in the Shangri-La Hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road, and we had some parties there. Part of the deal with Chinese crew is that food must be supplied, while we traditionally give people an allowance, so there was a private Chinese restaurant set up upstairs for them. Sometimes Jackie would just say ‘Right, come on, we’re going for dinner,’ and they would.”

    But it wasn’t just crew that Chan was respectful towards.

    “Jackie was really conscious of the environment,” reveals De Vere. “You’d see him picking up rubbish from the sets if people had dropped it. That’s great. Our unit staff work hard enough without having to clean up after people when we finish shooting.

    “Another really nice touch that’s a tradition in Chinese cinema is the lucky pot. At the end of each week’s shooting before the day off, Jackie would put money and gifts up and every crew member’s name would be put in a hat, then the names that were drawn out would win the prizes.

    “It’s a really nice way to end the week’s shooting, and in fact I’m going to do introduce it on all my shoots in future.”

    UAE companies shine

    There were some local success stories, too, says De Vere.

    “We used about 120 locally sourced extras, from general crowd scenes to martial artists, and some of them have gone on to continue shooting in China, as well as a further location I can’t reveal.

    “It was a real coup for the local production company, Alkatraz, too. This was the first feature they’d worked as a production company on – they’re usually a facilitator for other production companies – and they got Jackie for a full 31 days. It is ­Emirati-owned – a real local success story.”

    A promising film

    De Vere isn’t at liberty to give away any location or script details, though it’s safe to say that Atlantis, The Palm, Downtown Dubai and JLT will feature in the movie, alongside martial arts scenes and car chases (but probably not that much yoga).

    “There’s some great action on the ground. Jackie is incredibly fit and still does all his own stunts. We had excellent support from the film commission, the police, the RTA as well as from local individuals who helped out with the cars, or just bringing tea out for the crew during shoots.

    “It was a real achievement. We only had five weeks prep for this movie, and the shooting was all location shoots, with no studio work. But that’s probably a separate story in itself.”

    SCB / Big Chief :)

    Nov 7, 2015, 1:55:54 PM11/7/15
    to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
    Re the above article. Honestly sometimes the inaccuracies are so ludicrous I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I appreciate the person doing the talking doesn't know better but I do expect journalists doing the writing to do some research.

    that in the future he would rather shoot in Dubai than South Africa, the location for many of the Hong Kong actor’s recent films.

    Really? South Africa? Jackie hasn't filmed in SA since Who Am I? and that was in 1997.

    “Another really nice touch that’s a tradition in Chinese cinema is the lucky pot. At the end of each week’s shooting before the day off, Jackie would put money and gifts up and every crew member’s name would be put in a hat, then the names that were drawn out would win the prizes.

    Even the most basic attempt at any kind of research would reveal that this is a Jackie thing started back on Rush Hour and not a Chinese thing per se.

    Oh well.

    carsten172

    Dec 2, 2015, 11:42:18 AM12/2/15
    to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group

    SCB / Big Chief :)

    Dec 3, 2015, 3:56:20 AM12/3/15
    to SuperChan Blog's Jackie Chan Discussion Group
    I saw that. Thanks for posting.