Let's Imagine Newcastle hackathons

Nikolai Gad

Jan 21, 2016, 3:42:17 PM1/21/16
to Super Mondays
Sorry for any cross posting or if this is irrelevant to the group, but I'm looking for coders and hackers who might be interested in a series of hackathons aiming to improve our city? I have been in contact with Newcastle City Council for a while now and they really support the idea and they are committed to follow up on good ideas to improve our city, coming out of such events. I have support from Newcastle University where I'm doing a PhD too, but I would really like it not to be organised too top-down by big institutions so it would be great to get some makers/hackers/open data enthusiasts and other people with a passion for the city on board to decide how we are going to do it, what themes we should focus on and so on.

You can read a bit more here and subscribe to a mailing list I have created for everyone interested to communicate with each other: https://lists.ncl.ac.uk/wws/letsimaginenewcastle (even if you are not interested in organising anything, but just curious to know when we'll do any hackathons you are of course also welcome to join this list)

Cheers,
Nikolai Gad