Please help us celebrate IT excellence in our Region -- Dynamites 15

Justin Souter

Sep 16, 2015, 7:28:33 AM9/16/15
to Super Mondays

I hope you agree that posting this message here is in a good cause <sheepish smile>

We at Dynamo are confident we’re all making a difference to the Region by helping to create more and better jobs in enterprise IT.

Last year, Dynamites 14 awards celebrated excellence in and around our industry. This year we are holding Dynamites 15 with more categories than ever.

The deadline for entries and nominations is this Friday 18th September, so if you know of a project that impressed you, or you think deserves an award - then please nominate someone, or enter yourself using this link - http://bit.ly/Dynamites_15

We are creating one final push to maximise entries, so please will you retweet from our twitter account @dynamonortheast using the hashtag #dynamites15 - https://twitter.com/dynamonortheast

Also if you could please add information about Dynamites 15 to your blogs, websites, newsletters and social media, we would be really grateful.

There is more information including categories and sponsors on our website - http://bit.ly/Dynamites_15

I’ve need to talk sternly to myself and publish a Dynamo blog post re all the user groups I reckon are out there – a couple of dozen I believe.

Hopefully this will highlight the great work you guys do, and you can get greater recognition and kudos as a result…

Thank you!

James Rutherford

Sep 17, 2015, 7:31:31 AM9/17/15
to Super Mondays
Yep, plenty of user groups now :)

https://www.techdiary.co.uk/

Richard Hyett

Sep 18, 2015, 5:02:56 AM9/18/15
to super-...@googlegroups.com
This is very good James ( techdiary.co.uk ) , would work well as part of an App, or has it been done already? A tool to showcase and promote N.E. digital activity

Richard

Sent from my iPad
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Super Mondays" group.

Gregory

Sep 21, 2015, 8:53:24 AM9/21/15
to Super Mondays

You don't need an app for app's sake.
Look on the right column for techdiary.co.uk, there are feeds available and it works very nicely in my Google Calendar app. The website also works on my mobile phone in a free pre-installed app called "web browser".

Greg.

Gregory

Sep 21, 2015, 8:53:24 AM9/21/15
to Super Mondays

I'm just noticing, techdiary.co.uk doesn't have a submission option/details which would make a great feature.

Richard Hyett

Sep 23, 2015, 8:11:22 AM9/23/15
to super-...@googlegroups.com
There are plenty of Events Apps, some even for the North East.

Mussell Club App

I guess the motivation is not just to inform members of events, but turning the members into a Network, a place where there is regular communication between members, outside of the face to face meetings.  As they are trying to do on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.  Can't remember the last time I accessed any of these 'Networks' via a browser.

Richard

--

Richard

Richard Hyett

@SeeNewcastleUK

www.seenewcastle.com

M:  07981639945

Apps

James Rutherford

Sep 23, 2015, 10:41:38 AM9/23/15
to Super Mondays, richar...@gmail.com
Thanks Richard.

The site wasn't of my conception - it was envisioned and built by old-school SuperMondays regular Mal. We now both manage listings and can edit code.

As Gregory mentions, the feeds work well in Google Calendar and we post new listings and regular Monday roundups to Twitter (@TechdiaryNE). I feel this gives a high utility-to-effort yield for everyone :)

There are a few features we'd like to add to the website - hopefully soonish if available time permits.

Personally, networking is quite far down the list for me - Meetup includes a lot of networking features and I've yet to see any group get interested enough to use them regularly. I'd be interested in counter-examples.

But we do have ideas for community-facing features. Watch this (that) space!

Greg - yes, thanks for the suggestion - that's something that would be cheap to add and save us some time hunting around. We are beginning to get a few groups proactively letting us know about forthcoming meetings on Twitter, but we still find we miss stuff or add listings at short notice.

Sorry, Justin, to hijack discussion! =)