Missing Maps mapathon - help contribute to OpenStreetMap where it's needed!

Gregory

Nov 16, 2015, 9:47:23 AM11/16/15
to Super Mondays
Hello,
This is short notice but I just realised this is a good place to post as I've given Super Mondays talks about OpenStreetMap(OSM) in the past and it's OSM Geo Week!

Tomorrow (Tuesday) evening, Newcastle Uni's Friends of MSF are running a "Missing Maps" event. I'll be doing an a follow-along tutorial, and then everyone will be able to click away to collaboratively help create maps for Doctors Without Borders, Red Cross, etc.

Beginners very much welcome/invited!
Requirements:
* a laptop (strongly advise a mouse to plug in so you don't rely on the laptop's trackpad thing).
* basic computer skills (turning your computer on, visiting webpages)
* willingness to try something new, and to help save lives

Full details:

Gregory

Feb 1, 2016, 12:22:53 PM2/1/16
to Super Mondays