Symposium on Innovation in the Games Industry

Ross Cooney

Sep 4, 2015, 3:29:14 PM9/4/15
to super-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

You might be interested in a symposium on Innovation in the Games Industry to be held at Durham University Business School with keynote talks by Roy Sandbach (Chair of the North East LEP Innovation board) and Ian Livingstone CBE (founder of Games Workshop).

Event blurb:

The New Economic Models and opportunities for digital Games (NEMOG) (http://www.nemog.org) project is now in its second year and we have a lot to talk about and share. We will talk about how business model innovation can help to create commercial, social and scientific value from games and gameplay data, and we will discuss how data mining techniques can be harnessed to understand game players in unprecedented detail.

The event will feature two keynote speeches by Roy Sandbach (Chair of the North East LEP Innovation board) and Ian Livingstone CBE (founder of Games Workshop). They will share their thinking around innovation and the game industry’s main challenges. Roy Sandbach has worldwide experience in developing regional and open innovation programmes, while Ian Livingstone, one the founding fathers of the UK game industry, will use his history as a backdrop to discuss the major future trends of this fast-moving industry, particularly in education.

You can find out more about the day and register for free here:

Ross Cooney