6Music Festival Hack Day

Ross Cooney

Feb 4, 2015, 5:07:02 AM2/4/15
to super-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry for cross posting!

As part of the 6Music Festival being held on Tyneside 20-22 February, Newcastle University and Generator are hosting and co-funding a HackDay, over 24 hours from midday 20th February to midday 21st

It will be held in The Core, the Science Central Building on the Old Brewery site, see this link for info

http://www.thecorenewcastle.co.uk/

Representatives from Spotify, LastFM, Facebook, Tulio and others will be there to explain and support their APIs, teams can self-organise on the fly and you will be fed and watered across the 24 hour period.

Special kudos will be given to all/mostly lady-developer teams.

All apps to be relevant to the festival and if good enough, deployed throughout the following two days. Judging will be at lunchtime on 21st. Bring your own pillows and sleeping bags or prepare for an all-nighter.

This is expected to be a very popular event and tickets are going very quickly. You can get your FREE ticker here:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/festival-hack-day-as-part-of-the-6-music-festival-tickets-15597816489

For more 6Music Festival info see here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e8qbj5

Good luck!

--
Ross Cooney

Shaun Brown

Feb 4, 2015, 12:04:18 PM2/4/15
to super-...@googlegroups.com

Is this only for students or can company teams enter?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Super Mondays" group.

Shaun Brown

Feb 4, 2015, 12:17:18 PM2/4/15
to super-...@googlegroups.com

Just had a reply/update on this:

"I can't reply to the super Mondays group but if you could do this on my behalf I'd really appreciate it… As the main sponsor for this event it is absolutely open to everyone, students, developers, individuals and corporates. The more the merrier! Please pass the message on"

Just passing it on :)

Ross Cooney

Feb 4, 2015, 12:21:58 PM2/4/15
to super-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shaun,

Yes, this is available to everybody and anybody.

Ross
--
Ross Cooney

Alistair MacDonald

Feb 4, 2015, 1:36:12 PM2/4/15
to super-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, sorry for the confusion Shaun. Google moderates the first few messages a user sends and if it looks like spam.

I have signed up with a friend who is visiting the North East and looking forward to it.

Alistair