Sunshine Coast Library

Denise Lagasse

Aug 7, 2015, 3:00:52 PM8/7/15
to sunshin...@googlegroups.com
Hello Matthew,
Yes you have listed the Sunshine Coast Seed Collective on your site which is great.  Can you note that it is the Public library in Sechelt and Roberts Creek also distributes seeds thanks to Mariko.
Sechelt Public Library

And we also have

Roberts Creek Public Library

We have been using seeds that are leftover from Seedy Saturday to stock the libraries.  It felt like a good use of leftover seeds so that the distribution could continue.  I liked how you pointed out on your website that it takes about 5 years to establish and that lots of times people are just borrowing seeds and experimenting.  It also provides access to seeds for low income people.  I definitely experienced that at the library, low income families happy to have access to seeds.  One thing we also have been doing is connecting the community gardens on Ocean Street with the library.  We planted seeds from the library there and are hoping to harvest some of the seeds back into the library as well.

Sure you can send us a newsletter and there is always a possibility in the future of meeting.  Winter is best.  The other times of the year are too busy with the hands on growing for me.

As for contributing to a newsletter, maybe if we post something on our local site of interest , you could reuse it in your newsletter with permission.

Green blessings
Denise Lagasse
Halfmoon Bay, BC