scaling with time

mohammad safarzadeh

Feb 22, 2013, 1:35:40 PM2/22/13
to sunri...@googlegroups.com
I am trying different ir_tol parameter and see how long it takes to finish.

ir_tol = 0.9       6 hours  on 24 cores
ir_tol = 0.5      10 hours  on 24 cores
ir_tol = 0.3      32 hours on 24 cores finished, another time 48 hours was not enough
ir_tol  = 0.1     120 hours on 24 cores not enough

is this expectable ? such a long time for 0.1 case for example ?

Regards,
Mohammad

Patrik Jonsson

Feb 22, 2013, 1:41:10 PM2/22/13
to sunri...@googlegroups.com
actually, that's better than I would have expected. As I'm sure you
know, MC noise goes as root N so nominally making the tolerance half
as large should make the run time go up by a factor of 4.