Kinematic run

Giovanni

Oct 24, 2014, 7:10:56 AM10/24/14
to sunri...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

does anybody have experience in using the kinematics in SUNRISE? As far as I understood you need the log spaced SED, but the link given

http://governator.ucsc.edu/filer/logspace-Patrik-imfKroupa-geneva-Zmulti-hires.fits.gz

doesn't work. Is there the possibility to retrieve it somewhere else?

Thanks,
Giovanni

Nathaniel Stickley

Oct 24, 2014, 1:03:12 PM10/24/14
to sunri...@googlegroups.com
I have used Sunrise for Kinematics (however, the paper hasn't been submitted yet). I've uploaded an lzma-compressed (http://tukaani.org/xz/) version of the file for you: http://foam.dyn.ucr.edu/logspace-Patrik-imfKroupa-geneva-Zmulti-hires.fits.xz

Do not expect the file to remain there for more than a week.

-Nathaniel

Chris Hayward

Oct 30, 2014, 6:45:53 PM10/30/14
to sunri...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Nathaniel. For the future, I've posted this file at a new location and updated the URL.

Cheers,

Chris
--
Chris Hayward
Moore Postdoctoral Scholar in Theoretical Astrophysics

Giovanni

Nov 13, 2014, 1:38:45 PM11/13/14
to sunri...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I still have some troubles with the kinematics in SUNRISE; although I'm using the log-spaced SED I get in the mcrx stage:

""
Setting up emergence
Wavelength scale is not logarithmic, kinematics require that!
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'int'
""

Maybe I'm not putting the correct input parameters in sfrhist.stub and mcrx.stub, can
someone post a working sfrhist.stub/mcrx.stub file?

Thanks a lot!
Giovanni

Chris Hayward

Nov 20, 2014, 2:48:20 PM11/20/14
to sunri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giovanni,

Can you please send me your parameter files?

Thanks,

Chris

Giovanni

Nov 21, 2014, 1:19:34 PM11/21/14
to sunri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

here the sfrhist.stub and mcrx.stub files:

# This file contains general settings for sfrhist.  It is included by
# the file-specific configuration files

nbodycod        GADGET # we are working with GADGET snapshots
simparfile      ./param.txt     /  symbolic link to GADGET parameter file
stellarmodelfile  /z/giovanni/codes/sunrise_codes/sunrise/data/logspace-Patrik-imfKroupa-geneva-Zmulti-hires.fits    #log spaced

h-inverse_units         true

min_wavelength          890e-10
max_wavelength          11000e-10

# mappings
use_mappings_seds      false  / Use mappings SEDs for young stars

CCfits_verbose false
seed 0

# This file contains general settings for makegrid.  It is included by
# the file-specific configuration files

grid_min -60. -60 -60   / [kpc]
grid_max 60. 60. 60.    / [kpc]

use_grid_emission       false   / Emission comes from particles
gas_tolerance   1e100   / refinement done on gas
L_bol_tolerance 1e100   / emission no longer in grid
metal_tolerance 0.1     / using tau tolerance
gas_metallicity 0.      / metals are explicitly included
n_rays_estimated        1e7 / [] Estimated number of rays for toleranc
opacity         3e-5    / [kpc^2/M_sun] opacity of metals, not gas
tau_tolerance   1.      / resolve this optical depth
size_factor     2
max_level       9
n_threads       16
work_chunk_levels       5
use_counters            false

mcrx_data_dir   /z/giovanni/codes/sunrise_codes/sunrise/src/

# This file contains general settings for mcrx.  It is included by the
# file-specific configuration files

# emergence parameters
camera_positions        campos  / position of of cameras (th phi)
cameradistance          10000   / [kpc] Camera distance from origin
camerafov               60      / [kpc] Full field of view of cameras
npixels                 60      / [] Camera image dimension
compress_images         false
write_images_parallel   false

nrays_nonscatter        10000000

# scatter parameters
grain_model             wd01_Brent_PAH
wd01_parameter_set      DL07_MW3.1_60
use_dl07_opacities      true
grain_data_directory    /z/giovanni/codes/sunrise_codes/sunrise/data/crosssections

# kinematics
use_kinematics          true

dust_to_gas_ratio       0.      / dust is in metals now
dust_to_metal_ratio     0.4     / [] M_d/M_m from Dwek98
use_multiphase_model    true
multiphase_t0_star      1.1e9   / [yr]
multiphase_rho_th       1.71e7  / [Msun/kpc^3]

n_forced                1       / [] Only one forced scattering
i_forced                0       / [] Count scatterings only, not intensity
i_min           0.01
i_max           10

reference_wavelength    .9e-6   / [m]
use_reference_for_emission      false
check_energy_conservation       false

nrays_scatter           10000000
nrays_aux               10000000
nrays_intensity         10000000
n_wavelengths_intensity 25

n_threads               8
cpu_time_margin         180
wall_clock_margin       240
resubmit_command_variable       RESUBMIT_COMMAND
seed                    42

mcrx_version            4_00
mcrx_data_dir   /z/giovanni/codes/sunrise_codes/sunrise/src/

Thanks a lot!

Giovanni

Chris Hayward

Nov 25, 2014, 7:56:17 PM11/25/14
to sunri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giovanni,

I'm having trouble reproducing your issue. Just to be sure, did you delete the sfrhist FITS output before re-running with the logarithmic SED file? If not, you should do so and then re-run.

Also, do you really need the full wavelength range of 89 nm - 1.1 micron? This will lead to large outputs and memory consumption because of the high number of wavelengths.

Cheers,

Chris

Giovanni

Dec 2, 2014, 3:06:51 AM12/2/14
to sunri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

yes I delete the sfrhist.fits file before running logarithmic.

If I reduce the wavelength range (5000 - 6500 A) it runs for a while without complaining about the wavelength scale but I get another error:

Calculating dust emission SED for grain species 0
Calculating grain template emission
                 Calculating dust emission SED for grain species 1
Calculating grain template emission
                 Calculating dust emission SED for grain species 2
 Spawning 8 threads
Fatal: Failed to find temp solution for absorption 2.44932e-32 @T=nan
Fatal: Failed to find temp solution for absorption Fatal: Failed to find temp solution for absorption Fatal: Failed to find temp solution for absorption 3.04977e-32 @T=nan3.2231e-325.06998e-32 @T=nan

 @T=nan
Fatal: Failed to find temp solution for absorption 4.69244e-32 @T=nan
Fatal: Failed to find temp solution for absorption 4.98029e-32 @T=nan
Fatal: Failed to find temp solution for absorption 8.13088e-32 @T=nan
Fatal: Failed to find temp solution for absorption 1.60619e-31 @T=nan
terminate called recursively
terminate called recursively
terminate called recursively
terminate called recursively
terminate called recursively
terminate called recursively

Cheers,

Giovanni

Chris Hayward

Dec 2, 2014, 3:32:37 AM12/2/14
to sunri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giovanni,

Because you are using only with wavelength 5000-6500 A, it doesn't make sense to try to calculate IR emission. So, you should set the following in mcrx.stub:

nrays_intensity 0
nrays_ir 0

I also comment out the following, but I haven't checked/don't recall whether this is necessary once the above nrays keywords are set to 0.

#n_wavelengths_intensity    25
#ir_equilibrium_tolerance    0.3
#ir_#integrate_ir               true
#use_grain_temp_lookup      true