MGN-similar technique using Sunpy or Python

Nawin Ngampoopun

Apr 19, 2022, 8:53:24 AM4/19/22
to SunPy
Hi all

I am currently working on locating the off-limb jet eruption and determining the jet volume. I found out that there is a Multiscale Gaussian Normalisation (MGN) technique (Morgan & Druckmuller 2014) that could enhance off-limb intensity in IDL, so I wonder if there are similar algorithms using Sunpy or written in python? Also, if you have any experience working with similar problems and are happy to share your suggestions or code snippets, I will be really grateful for your help

Best regards
Nawin

Nabil Freij

Apr 19, 2022, 12:58:07 PM4/19/22
to SunPy

Nawin Ngampoopun

Apr 20, 2022, 6:39:01 AM4/20/22
to SunPy
Thank you Nabil, I will have a look and see how it goes.
Nawin