Re: Active Region Time Range On Solar Disk

Message has been deleted

Nabil Freij

May 20, 2024, 1:19:11 PMMay 20
to SunPy
Hello Marcos,

I am not personally aware of way to get that directly.

One idea I had in mind was to use the HEK (https://www.lmsal.com/hek/), you can query this via sunpy.net.Fido for an active region.
In theory the first and last entry in the database would give you the total time the active region was on disk.

Hopefully that works!

Nabil

On Friday, May 17, 2024 at 12:38:26 PM UTC-6 marcos...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know if there are codes in SunPy that can obtain the active region number on the given date of a day and the corresponding time range being on a solar disk?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Marcos

Marcos Ng

May 24, 2024, 12:40:59 PMMay 24
to SunPy
Hi Nabil,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have found the solution, which is similar to what you recommended.

The query is Fido.search(a.Time(startT, endT), a.hek.AR, a.hek.FRM.Name=="NOAA SWPC Observer").

Cheers!
Marcos

nabil...@gmail.com 在 2024年5月21日 星期二凌晨1:19:11 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道: