Are these warnings affecting my output?

Jasmine Khalil

Sep 23, 2023, 7:46:15 AM9/23/23
to SunPy
hey there, i'm using this script to overlay AiA image on top of a LASCO image, with the exception that i feed it my own lasco fits instead of querying it.

I keep getting some warnings that i want to make sure are not affecting my final output.

When i run the third block of code i get this warning:
WARNING: SunpyMetadataWarning: Missing metadata for observer: assuming Earth-based observer. For frame 'heliographic_stonyhurst' the following metadata is missing: hglt_obs,dsun_obs,hgln_obs For frame 'heliographic_carrington' the following metadata is missing: crlt_obs,crln_obs,dsun_obs [sunpy.util.logger]
When i run the final block of code (the plot) i get this warning:
INFO: Missing metadata for solar radius: assuming the standard radius of the photosphere. [sunpy.map.mapbase]

Find my final output attached!

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 2.44.46 PM.png

Nabil Freij

Sep 25, 2023, 7:31:03 PM9/25/23
to SunPy
Hi,

I don't think they are affecting the output directly, the sunpy example alos produces these warnings.

But in your case, it looks like the images are not aligned correctly.
If it's your own LASCO file, I assume it has been processed to a higher level before hand?
I am not familiar with the LASCO data files but if you can try to query it for the same time as the file you have locally and see what happens.