Trouble with TimeSeries

Peter Alley

Sep 1, 2022, 8:11:46 AM9/1/22
to SunPy
Hello,  I am new to using sunpy.

I have installed sunpy using miniconda as per instructions in the docs

I have tried to produce the timeseries graph for GOES XRS as per the docs.

I get numerous errors but especially one associated with the module h5py.
I get a warning ' h5py is running against HDFS{0} when it was built against {1}'

The documented example just does not work for me.

Any ideas?

Peter

Nabil Freij

Sep 1, 2022, 9:59:45 AM9/1/22
to SunPy
Hi Peter,

Could you tell us the versions of h5py and  h5netcdf is installed?

Could you also provide the entire error log?

Cheers,
Nabil

Peter Alley

Sep 1, 2022, 10:26:33 AM9/1/22
to su...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nabil,

Thank you , I attach the error log as a word file

I am having difficulty finding the versions of h5py and h5netcdf

I am running sunpy 4.04 and python 3.8.8

The AIA_171_image map example works fine for me  but the GOES_XRS_TIMESERIES example doesn't.

I installed sunpy using miniconda as per the docs instructions though I am running the programs within Jupyter Notebook or the Anaconda Powershell Prompt (anaconda) I have been using for some time.  The line of code it objects to is ' import sunpy.timeseries as ts'.

Interestingly, the example works when run through the Anaconda Powershell Prompt (miniconda) I just installed in order to install sunpy.

Peter

ImportError Traceback.docx