Can SunPy completely replace IDL in the research of solar observation?

song tan

May 24, 2021, 10:54:49 PM5/24/21
to SunPy
DearSir/Madam.  I am a master student of astrophysics, and I plan to be engaged in the research of solar physics observation in the future.I am very confused about the study of IDL, so I would like to ask whether SunPy can completely replace SSW.   Thanks a lot!

Nabil Freij

May 25, 2021, 4:07:00 AM5/25/21
to SunPy
Hello!

SunPy is not a Python replacement of SSW. As such if there are calibration or other routines you need in SSW, you will most likely not find them in sunpy.
It is hard to question to answer without knowing what you would intend to do.

Kind regards,
Nabil

song tan

May 25, 2021, 4:08:32 AM5/25/21