Retiring the IRC Channel

Stuart Mumford

Feb 28, 2020, 6:23:36 AM2/28/20
to su...@googlegroups.com, sunp...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I would like to retire the IRC channel, using the IRC bridge to Matrix has
been very helpful in the transition, but almost everyone using the chat is now
on matrix, and the IRC bridge is getting more aggressive at kicking matrix
users due to freenode rules on the bridge.

Unless anyone has any strong feelings about this, I will be shutting down the
matrix <> IRC bridge and posting a notice in the IRC channel about it no
longer being an active channel in two weeks (Friday 13th March)[1].

Stuart

[1] I have chosen two weeks so we avoid the next round of irc bridge kicks.