Introducing SUNRASTER (New Package)

Danny Ryan

Apr 22, 2020, 11:45:26 AM4/22/20
to sunp...@googlegroups.com, su...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We are happy to announce the release of a brand new solar physics python package: SUNRASTER.

sunraster is a SunPy-affiliated package that provides data classes for handling solar spectrogram observations.  The sunraster data classes provide comprehensive slicing, coordinate transformation and visualization functionalities as well as metadata handling.  They support simple spectrograms as well as raster and sit-and-stare observations.

Anticipated use cases include handling data from instruments like IRIS and Solar Orbiter/SPICE, although the package itself is instrument-agnostic.

For more information, see the docs at: https://sunraster.readthedocs.io/en/stable/

We thank all those who have contributed to sunraster to date, whether via code review, raising issues, general feedback etc.  A particular thanks to those who have contributed code:

Daniel Ryan
Baptiste Pellorce
Kris Stern
Ankit Baruah