versioning info

Larry Manley

May 27, 2021, 6:17:11 PM5/27/21
to SunPy-dev
Where does the versioning information come from?  I just noticed that when I install my cloned fork (which is up to date with sunpy main) with either "python setup.py develop" or "pip install -e .[dev]" sunpy gets installed as sunpy-0.4.1.dev11022+g197e43dd6.  If I clone the sunpy repo directly and install, I get the proper version number of 3.1.dev109+g197e43dd6.
This is affecting the install of aiapy, as it is detecting sunpy 0.4.1 and overwriting it with the version 3.0.0 wheel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nabil Freij

May 27, 2021, 6:20:46 PM5/27/21
to SunPy-dev
I believe that doing "git fetch --tags --all" and fetching the tags of the main sunpy repo will resolve this (assuming it that you have the main sunpy repo as a git remote).

Larry Manley

May 27, 2021, 6:28:20 PM5/27/21
to SunPy-dev
That worked.  Thank you for the quick reply!