FW: WHPI Data and Model collection discussion

Stansby, David

Nov 30, 2020, 5:06:42 AM11/30/20
to sunp...@googlegroups.com, su...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

There’s a Whole Heliosphere and Planetary Interactions discussion meeting today, which I thought this might be of interest to sunpy folks; see below for more information and connection information.

All the best,

David

From: Whi <whi-b...@mailman.ucar.edu>
Date: Friday, 27 November 2020 at 16:48
To: Whole Heliosphere and Planetary Interactions via Whi <w...@mailman.ucar.edu>
Cc: Thomas, Brian A. (HQ-JH000) <brian.a...@nasa.gov>
Subject: [WHPI] WHPI Data and Model collection discussion

Here is the contact information for the WHPI data and model discussions.  The times will be November 30  at 15:30 UT and 20:00 UT, and December 1 at 02:30 UT (see more information below).  We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

--------------

Join ZoomGov Meeting
https://jhuapl.zoomgov.com/j/1610192394?pwd=VG5tWWhzYWtaZkhvcXFXbHZSQmZ1Zz09

Meeting ID: 161 019 2394
Password: 092909

One tap mobile
+16692545252,,1610192394# US (San Jose)
+16468287666,,1610192394# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose)
+1 646 828 7666 US (New York)
833 568 8864 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 161 019 2394
Password: 092909
Find your local number:
https://jhuapl.zoomgov.com/u/aglOAYoA8

Join by SIP
16101...@sip.zoomgov.com

Join by H.323
161.199.138.10 (US West)
161.199.136.10 (US East)
52
61
100.140
Meeting ID: 161 019 2394
Password: 092909

Hi everyone,

We’ve had several successful WHPI campaign intervals, and some additional Parker Probe perihelia, so it’s time to start assessing the data and models that are going to be part of our effort to greatly expand our understanding of the Sun-Earth-planetary connection.

We’ll be hosting several informal discussions to help us settle on a means of collecting all of the vital components.  That would include data sets, model products, browse/summary data, analysis tools, user guides – essentially, everything we’d need to combine the data and models effectively.  The discussions will be held November 30  at 15:30 UT and 20:00 UT, and December 1 at 02:30 UT (connection details will be sent out at a later date).

Everyone is invited.  We’ll start by simply asking everyone “what do you have?”  and try to capture the key characteristics that will allow us to document the assets in greater detail and prepare for in-depth collaborative analysis.

In the long run, we’d like a data and modeling structure that allows all WHPI and HSO (Heliophysics System Observatory) Connect users to quickly and efficiently find the data and resources they need.  (And of course leverages existing assets [data systems, model infrastructure, software libraries] as much as possible.)  Brian Thomas from NASA HQ has designed a survey to capture users’ top priorities on how best to deliver services and capabilities for HSO Connect.

Please take the survey!!  And then join us for the discussion (connection details will be sent out at a later date).

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfbrJOadwYKdZe-O2jnAfe4tfwTC_sRc9SnmFo12wwFXjfijg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thanks!

Barbara Thompson and the WHPI team

ATT00001.txt