The future of sunpy.database

1 view

Nabil Freij

Aug 22, 2022, 6:53:41 AM8/22/22
to su...@googlegroups.com, sunp...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We are currently considering the outright removal of sunpy.database in the long term (~2 years).

The issue tracking this is https://github.com/sunpy/sunpy/issues/6374

The main reason for this is that this package is not maintained and its design has become stale. We have discussed a replacement but this is a very long term and would be completely separate from the current database package.

I am sending out this email to try and work out how many users would be affected by this change and we would like to hear back before we attempt this.

If you use the database package, please reply.

Kind regards,
Nabil