Template for Void Linux

José Santos

Sep 24, 2020, 11:07:26 AM9/24/20
to Sunflower
Hi Mladen!!
 I working right now with another person in a template for Void Linux.
I build my personal spins from Void Linux (https://cloud.operationtulip.com/s/fQ4HMxD6j9nSnWR) and want to create a spin with the Budgie Desktop and Sunflower as file manager.

Here is where we are:

I will copy in plain text the template for our first aproach:

# Template file for 'Sunflower'
pkgname=Sunflower
version=0.4.62
revision=1
wrksrc="Sunflower-0.4-62"
build_style=python3-module
#hostmakedepends="python3-setuptools"
makedepends="python3-setuptools"
depends="gtk+3 python3-gobject desktop-file-utils python3-chardet librsvg"
short_desc="Small and highly customizable twin-panel file manager for Linux with support for plugins"

license="GPL-3.0-or-later"
homepage="https://github.com/MeanEYE/Sunflower"
distfiles="https://github.com/MeanEYE/${pkgname}/archive/0.4-62.tar.gz"
checksum=76f6e16a8e2761a13cfde56c5ee3625afd7e7286942ef75d67eca65384214b14

Our first bump was the error message about gi module which is (at least that's what we found out) part of the package python3-gobject.

Our second aproach

came to a similar error, this time with the module setuptools.

I dont know if you could give us a hint, but at least its worth a try.

Thanks in advance,

José Santos

Mladen Mijatov

Sep 24, 2020, 12:23:58 PM9/24/20
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com

José Santos

Sep 25, 2020, 2:29:12 PM9/25/20
to Sunflower
Hi Mladen,
Thank you very much for your quick answer and sorry for my late reply.
Void Linux in an independent distro (not a fork) with its own package Manager called xbps.
xbps is faster than pacman or any other package manager.

Xbps has also its own package builder and its called xbps-scr

2 day ago I requested Sunflower to be included in the main repositories:

Please allow me to share an example from a package that I build:

## Installation
```
sudo xbps-install xtools
git clone https://github.com/void-linux/void-packages
cd void-packages
./xbps-src binary-bootstrap
# Do the above once if not done already.
# Copy this `linux-libre-deb` folder under `srcpkgs` folder, then...
./xbps-src pkg linux-libre-deb
xi linux-libre-deb

And in my previous email i wrote a copy of the template we were writing.

Regards José

Mladen Mijatov

Sep 26, 2020, 8:56:58 AM9/26/20
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com

José Santos

Sep 26, 2020, 9:48:15 AM9/26/20
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mladen,
I don't know for sure if it is the temp folder, but the procedure is like you have described.

In some cases the mantainers use the respective pkgbuild from Arch Linux. In fact if you have used Arch Linux before, you will notice that Void Linux has thinks in common.

Regards,
José Santos

El sáb., 26 sept. 2020 14:57, Mladen Mijatov <meane...@gmail.com> escribió:
Am I right in assuming this package manager extracts somewhere in /tmp and then just executes commands?

--
Mladen Mijatov
Head of R&D, Way2CU

Key ID: 4096R/83EFD5A0 2013-08-18

Mladen Mijatov

Sep 26, 2020, 10:08:23 AM9/26/20
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
If indeed the process is the same as Arch one you can check out new pkgbuild that was made last week or so. Prior to that one they too relied on setup.py but now its much better.

I advise taking a look at that and copying them.

José Santos

Sep 26, 2020, 10:30:09 AM9/26/20
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mladen!!
I wouldn't say that the process is the same, in some cases the pkgbuild give you some some hints.
In my case, and I have to point, that I am not an advaced user at all, I believe that the pkgbuilds are more useful when you a debían binary.
I can understand the building process for the libre kernel, but I have to learn it for Sunflower, and I don't have any programming.

All I learn in Linux and Void Linux is based more in my curiosity than my skills.

Regards,
José

Mladen Mijatov

Sep 26, 2020, 7:21:04 PM9/26/20