Ounoshou trains

Moti Dichne

Feb 21, 2023, 4:49:15 PM2/21/23
to Sumo Newsletter2
Ounoshou trained at home today against Makushita and under opponents and won all of his 15 matches. He even faced Mongolian prospect Bajalgal (sp?), college yokozuna who will start at makushita tsukedashi 15 when the time comes and current trainee at the heya,  and beat him thrice. "I can envision myself getting the yusho.. I'm feeling good and will be upping the pace pf my preparations from here on." he said. Last basho he did well and was even at the top of the yusho race on day 12 but proceeded to lose his remaining three bouts (the last one with a hair-pull disqualification) and ended with a 10-5 record. "When I was winning I was able to do my own sumo. Then I started losing mentally and my naivety showed - my bad. In order to win the yusho one must be fighting with the same feeling consistently for all 15 days, is what I felt," he said.