Sumo game- Invitation to play "Guess the Banzuke (GTB)"

Moti Dichne

Jul 19, 2021, 5:37:06 PMJul 19
to Sumo Newsletter2

So you don't usually play these games, but maybe this time you may feel the sudden urge to play. Look into my email.. You are getting sleepy.. sleepy.. Play the game.. play the game..

OK. This is a formal invitation to play the "Guess the Banzuke" game. 23 years, 140 bashos. Please play. It's free, but it may cost you some of your time.

Game rules: Guess the Banzuke. Simple. You get two points for a bulls-eye and one point for just getting the rank right. You get no points for turning the other cheek. Tiebreakers - Most total guesses, then we check the banzuke backwards - getting the lower half right will be important.  The most correct guesses in the last ten places will win the tiebreaker. If still tied, we go up a ranking at a time like a penalty shootout. It's up to you to check if you are on the list of entries. It's going to be your fault if you don't notice that your entry went missing in the Internet void. No late entries will be expected or accepted. Those are the rules, and the rules will never be changed. Just like the dohyo will never be lowered. It's an axiom.

For rules, standings and elbow replacements: http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm
For the nifty entry form: http://sumodb.sumoga...b/GTBEntry.aspx
For the "new" archives: http://sumodb.sumoga...gtbarchive.aspx

See if you are on the entry list: http://sumodb.sumogames.de/gtb/GTBEntryList.aspx

Deadline: Monday, August 23rd, 2021 at 18:00 GMT ("GOAT Mauls Terunofuji") - PLEASE NOTE-THIS IS ONE WEEK BEFORE THE OFFICIAL BANZUKE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Special thanks to Andoreasu who runs it, Doitsuyama who automates and maintains it and to those who think they know but no, they know naught.