After 17 years- fan appreciation day is back!!

Moti Dichne

Sep 10, 2022, 4:39:15 AM9/10/22
to Sumo Newsletter2
October 6th-7th at the Kokugikan, open to the public. Attempts will be made to break two Guinness Book records. The first-how many tegatas can be made in one minute. The current record is 85. Planning on participating: Miyagino Oyakata (Ex-Hakuhou), Yokozuna Terunofuji and Mitakeumi. That will happen on October the 6th. On the 7th, the record for "how many people can simultaneously do shiko" is up for grabs. The record stands at 250 people. The Oyakata and rikishi plan to turn up in numbers  and civilians will be allowed to take part as well. In preparation, Kabutoyama Oyakata will give a quick course on how to stomp your feet correctly. 22 events are scheduled, including a chanko Yokozuna competition with Hakkaku , Michinoku, Kasugano, Miyagino, and Shikoroyama beyas vying for the cup, or should I say the pot. There will also be a "salt throwing experience" possibly led by Terutsuyoshi.. Some stuff will cost money, like sitting in the yusho car with sekitori or Oyakata for a photo, or wearing real gyoji garb for a photo, sitting a a 4 person table and playing "old maid (babanuki, those that know please say AYE!!)" with a rikishi.etc. Sounds like loads of fun. Wish I were here. A splendid time is guaranteed for all.