Chiyotairyuu retirement press conference

Moti Dichne

Nov 21, 2022, 1:58:38 AM11/21/22
to Sumo Newsletter2

Chiyotairyuu asked to retire after September but Kokonoe Oyakata convinced him to continue. "If you train hard enough, you'll succeed," said the Oyakata then. "I have no regrets or remorse. I know deep inside I gave 100 percent.   My day 7 bout against Aoiyama  and the feeling that I could not generate any power and got blasted out easily caused me to decide finally. I did not want to continue showing shameful sumo. I'd like to thank my support group and the okamisan who whatever happened, up or down, never ceased to support me. I'd like to somehow return the favor now. I hope to open a yakiniku restaurant because I like meat... Diet first, though.." he said.