Kiribayama

Moti Dichne

Feb 14, 2023, 3:09:59 AM2/14/23
to Sumo Newsletter2
Kiribayama was 4-8 against Asanoyama today. "He was stronger than I expected. I need to gambarize in order to beat him. Well, he is an (ex) Ozeki, after all, and myself being an Ozeki aspirant, I wanted to face him." he said. "He was overpowered. With this kind of training it's going to be difficult," said his mentor Kakuryuu oyakata who was there. "I felt at my current strength it seems impossible (to become Ozeki). A person attaining the Ozeki rank is a different kind of strong," Kakuryuu added. Still, he did beat Asanoyama 4 times. "When you face a strong opponent, the win/loss thing is not important- it's good training and adds to your confidence. All in all it was a good session, although I felt dejected at times. It's from here on.." he summed.