ex-Gagamaru and his youtube channel

Moti Dichne

May 18, 2023, 6:39:07 PM5/18/23
to Sumo Newsletter2
Ex-Gagamaru had ex-Yutakayama on his youtube channel today. They spoke of the past, specifically about Yokozuna Kakuryuu's then oyakata, Izutsu. " We used to all meet at Tokitsukaze beya which is famous for it's degeiko and the fact that a lot of sekitori converge upon it..The Oyakata was a nice guy but when it came to Yokozuna Kakuryuu, he was all over him, shouting at him with extreme rage. And i mean, he did not hold back.. We used to feel awkward about it and wondered how to react. He was really nice to everyone else but was really tough on Kakuryuu. I was scared shitless of him," said Gagamaru. "Right, it was awful  -he was scary.. He never got angry with us guys, but when he flew off on Kakuryuu.." agreed ex-Yutakayama.

Yutakayama : "I remember my first and only kanto-sho."

.Gagamaru, to the camera: "He says that lightly, but it's no small feat to get a kanto-sho, even once.. Really! (Pause..) I got it twice.."

Great laughter.

Asked if after getting a kachikoshi, the guys let up a bit.

Gagamaru: "Well, the guys from the koen-kai (support group) used to ask us to go easy after a kachikoshi so we don't get injured and stuff.. Me? I never won the day after I got my kachikoshi..."

Laughter.

Hakuhou?

Yutakayama: "I faced him twice I think, never won. But staring in his face, I wondered if I would make it home safely..And I thought to myself- uh oh.."

Gagamaru: "He had an incredible aura when he entered the dohyo.."

Did you think anyone else was awesome?

Yutakayama points to Gagamaru and bursts out laughing."Other than those two, probably Kakuryuu. Well, after he got shouted at by his oyakata and all.. He used to ask me if I was going all out during our keiko sessions and I would of course tell him I was (wink wink).."

Laughter, etc.

The video: