summon installation problem

Armen Nalian

Mar 6, 2011, 10:25:44 PM3/6/11
to summon-python
After installing summon on Ubuntu 10.10 either with easy_install or
from the source I get
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/summon-1.8.9-py2.6-
linux-i686.egg/summon_core.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN6Summon16ScreenshotWindowEPNS_12SummonWindowESs

What am I missing?
Thanks

Matt Rasmussen

Mar 7, 2011, 11:47:03 AM3/7/11
to summon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Armen,

Good catch. This is a bug in my setup.py file. I will update this
soon so that other people don't run into the same issue. Here is what
you can do as a work around in the mean time.

You can download the *.tar.gz file, unzip, and edit the setup.py file
and then install using distutils.
The change need is this:

look for the section:
"src/Summon/Summon.cpp",
"src/Summon/summonCommands.cpp",
"src/Summon/SummonController.cpp",

and change it to this:
"src/Summon/Summon.cpp",
"src/Summon/screenshot.cpp",
"src/Summon/summonCommands.cpp",
"src/Summon/SummonController.cpp",

The screenshot.cpp file was not being compiled into the module.

You can also build from source using the Makefile. The INSTALL file
explains how to do that.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Matt

Armen Nalian

Apr 4, 2011, 3:48:27 PM4/4/11
to summon-python