My idea please give me feedback regarding this idea

1 view

raghuram....@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2007, 5:12:43 AM3/26/07
to Summer of Gallery
Apache Lucene is a high-performance, full-featured text search engine
library written entirely in Java. It is a technology suitable for
nearly any application that requires full-text search, especially
cross-platform. The project aims to provide full text search facility
using lucene. The current implementation uses database search
facilities by using the database LIKE query. This poses two problems
1)scalability ( number of keywords and efficiency)
2)lack of boolean search.
Also advanced search features like searching on EXIF data are
inefficient.

Thus, integration with a highly efficient full-text search
engine can be of high value which is clearly evident from the request
id's 1221234 and 1090703.

I plan to develop a php library and a back-end java server for
providing full-text search capabilities to Gallery2 using lucene and
php-java bridge (Both are cross-platform).