Flash slideshow module

imik

Mar 18, 2007, 4:42:28 PM3/18/07
to Summer of Gallery
Hi,

I'm eager to create a Flash slideshow module for the G2 and
considerung to post an application for the SoC. In my opinion its a
challenging project and in the given time periode I could produce a
nice slideshow tool (better than the Flikr one ;-) )

I like Flash and I've experience with Flash programming so I prefere
to use Flex, which I find is a powerful tool to great rich Flash
applications and the Flash slideshow would be highly scalable. But
before applying, are there any licencing issues due that Flex is a
commercial product (btw: I do have a legal Adobe Flex Builder
license) ???

Thx in advance.

-Daniel

valiant

Mar 22, 2007, 9:47:59 AM3/22/07
to Summer of Gallery
Hi Daniel,

I've talked with the Adobe guys to better understand flex / flash, its
runtime and what stuff is statically compiled.
And I've come to the conclusion that there's no problem with the
licensing.

Most Flash / Flex apps can't be licensed under the GPL because they
statically link non-free classes / libs.
But you can license them under the LGPL and that's what we did with
existing Flash apps in G2 (flash video and flash based mp3 players).

@Adobe Flex Builder:
Good that you it. :)
I guess we could get some temp licenses from Adobe for the period of
SoC at least if you didn't have a license yet.

Good luck with your application!

-. Andy

fabs

May 13, 2007, 11:08:08 AM5/13/07
to Summer of Gallery
Hey people!
How is that project going? Is it going to be worked on or not?
I would loave to finally have a cool slideshow in G2.. the gallery
REALLY lacks that feature as the existing solutions are not really
THAT stunning...
Hope to hear from you soon!