Project Ideas

Michael Schultheiss

Mar 21, 2007, 11:01:14 AM3/21/07
to summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hello prospective Summer of Code students!

Thank you for your interest in working with Gallery during the 2007
Summer of Code. As you may be aware, Google has extended the Student
Application Deadline to 5:00 PM on Monday, March 26, 2007. We'd like to
encourage all interested students to apply *before* the deadline. We
haven't yet seen very many applications so please don't wait until the
last minute!

Students should feel free to submit their own project idea. In fact, we
strongly suggest you submit your own project idea and have updated our
ideas page [1] to reflect this. You don't have to start from scratch -
our "Create your own idea!" section has links to several areas with
possible ideas. The Sample Ideas on our ideas page are just examples -
they're not necessarily a higher priority than any other feature
request.

We'd also like to encourage you to apply for multiple projects. We've
seen several applications for the same project and we can only select
one student for each project.

If you have any questions, feel free to talk to us on the summer-gallery
Google Group or in #gallery on irc.freenode.net.

Good luck!

Michael Schultheiss
Gallery Summer of Code Administration Team

[1] http://gallery.menalto.com/summer_of_code/2007/ideas

--
Michael Schultheiss