SQLite Backlite

Kasunvp

Mar 29, 2007, 1:11:06 AM3/29/07
to Summer of Gallery
Hi Gallery Lovers,

I am Kasun Vidanapathirana and I have been working with Gallery for
some months and was trying to integrate it with my projects at the
University of Moratuwa. I am working with google development and was
trying to easier way to manage photos with our servers and finally I
fall on Gallery...Thanks Gallery developers....

I was inspired by the idea of the SQLite backend for Gallery. This
will definitely make Gallery faster since it is a self contained
database engine. And also I faced to a problem when i was working with
Gallery with its archive upload feature. Sometimes it gives errors
terminating the upload process.So finally I decided to write a new
module in php to make the upload faster and reliable on Gallery and
with the inspiration of the SQLite backend, I applied to GSoC 2007 on
Gallery.

I am a php, SQLite, XML, AJAX lover and too a developer on those
fields. Also I have experience in C programming. I started these works
before my entrance to the University. In fact I am still an
intermediate developer who has to learn many thing..And I believe that
with GSoC, I would be able to sharpen my knowledge and give the FOSS
community a better service and develop Gallery far better.

Thank You,
Kasun.