Tivo Extension to Gallery

Koensayr

May 4, 2006, 4:24:15 AM5/4/06
to Summer of Gallery
After playing with my Tivo a bit the great open source Java application
Galleon.tv lead me to see that you can view galleries hosted on Yahoo!
photos through your Tivo. It seems that it should be possible to do the
same thing but using galleries hosted by Gallery. This Summer of
Gallery project would be to design and implement a Tivo application
that would work with Galleon (so as to not have to hack the Tivo) that
would allow users of the Tivo to view galleries hosted on a Gallery
site on their Tivo.

Koensayr

May 4, 2006, 4:31:04 AM5/4/06
to Summer of Gallery
Perhaps using the TivoHME toolkit one could write a TivoHME app host it
on apps.tv that allows users to access their photos stored on a Gallery
server with their Tivo! Great for families!

bharatman

May 7, 2006, 1:19:52 AM5/7/06
to Summer of Gallery
That would be pretty cool! How hard is it to write an application for
the Tivo?