SOC 2007 Application

Mar 16, 2007, 12:44:34 PM3/16/07
to Summer of Gallery
Hi

I'm considering applying for implementing SQLite support for G2. I've
gone through the source code and tried adding a thing or two here and
there to make SQLite work and I'm confident that I can do it.

Before submitting the application I'd want to know what kind of
information are you looking for in the applications in addition to the
obvious like experience in the field? Details of the implementation
ideas or such?

Thanks

Jani

bharatman

Mar 17, 2007, 3:05:35 AM3/17/07
to Summer of Gallery

SQLite support would be very cool. What makes for a convincing
application is a serious consideration of the edge cases involved in
supporting a new storage system. Last time I looked, SQLite was
missing some functionality that we depend on, so take a good look at
the types of special case support we have for other databases and the
SQL that we use to predict what types of problems that you'll
encounter. Give some thought to the approach that you'll use to
figure out what SQL will cause trouble, and suggest a path to
discovering those hot spots and how you'll resolve them. The more
detail you can provide about your process and methodology, the easier
it'll be for us to understand whether or not you've thought through
the problem.

Hope that helps!