Video Call about a open access web platform where you could store your simulation records

Faical Yannick Congo

Mar 13, 2017, 11:11:19 AM3/13/17
to sumatr...@googlegroups.com, Congo, Faical Y.

Dear all,

I am Faical Yannick P. Congo. For short and ease of pronunciation: Yannick.

I am currently an International Associate at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).

I am pursuing a PhD in Computer Science in Reproducible Research.

One of the major applications of my studies is a web platform: Cloud of Reproducible Records (CoRR).

The purpose of this platform is to allows Software Management Tools users like yourself in this case with Sumatra,

to store records online with all the benefits that comes from that. But mostly, distributed them when they have been made public

and also make reproducible assessment with other researchers in the platform around records.

CoRR is sort of a Social Networking Platform for Reproducible Records from various Tools. A analogy would be Bitbucket (more than Github)

for software executions versioning instead of code and also because it tries to accomodate many tools instead of a specific one.

I currently 'support' Sumatra and ReproZip (development draft fork) and plan to integrate more and more tools and drive the model of of

what a record should contain to the benefit of all the users in terms of long term preservation and reproducibility of what was done.

This presentation is dedicated to present the status of the work being done in that direction with CoRR. What you can do with CoRR at this point

and what will come next. I am preparing the public release of the platform and your inputs in this will be enormously valuable.

I can't thank enough Dr. Andrew Davidson for giving me the opportunity to share my work with the Sumatra Users Group.

My hope is to make initiatives like CoRR bring more visibility to the problem of reproducibility, recalls of what was done, etc and all the tools

that serves in helping solve parts of this issues and finally allow us to meet with users of different tools and drive the motion toward

inter-improvements of the tools and this work.

The presentation is scheduled for Thursday 16th March 2017 at 9:30 EST (GMT-4).

I will make a reminder on Wednesday and will provide information about the Google Hangouts Video Call on Thursday.

In the mean time if you have questions, do not hesitate to email me directly: faical.congo@nist.gov (Work email), yannick.congo@gmail.com (Personal

email - best anytime even on weekends).

More information about CoRR here: https://mgi.nist.gov/cloud-reproducible-records

The repositories are also open under MIT at the USNISTGOV github organization CoRR-Team: https://github.com/orgs/usnistgov/teams/corr-team/repositories

Thank you.

Best regards,

Yannick

Faical Yannick Congo

Mar 15, 2017, 2:30:47 PM3/15/17
to sumatr...@googlegroups.com, Congo, Faical Y.
Dear all,
As planned, this is a reminder and a few fixes on my email: EDT (GMT-4) instead of EST (GMT-5).
Thank you.
Best regards,
Yannick
On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 11:11 AM Faical Yannick Congo <yannic...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all,

I am Faical Yannick P. Congo. For short and ease of pronunciation: Yannick.

I am currently an International Associate at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).

I am pursuing a PhD in Computer Science in Reproducible Research.

One of the major applications of my studies is a web platform: Cloud of Reproducible Records (CoRR).

The purpose of this platform is to allow Software Management Tools users like yourself in this case with Sumatra,

[...]

that serves in helping solve parts of these issues and finally allow us to meet with users of different tools and drive the motion toward

inter-improvements of the tools and this work.

The presentation is scheduled for Thursday 16th March 2017 at 9:30 EDT (GMT-4).

I will make a reminder on Wednesday and will provide information about the Google Hangouts Video Call on Thursday.

In the mean time if you have questions, do not hesitate to email me directly: faical...@nist.gov (Work email), yannic...@gmail.com (Personal

Faical Yannick Congo

Mar 16, 2017, 9:22:16 AM3/16/17
to sumatr...@googlegroups.com, Congo, Faical Y.