Sumatra with no version control of code

Brett Viren

May 15, 2017, 9:06:56 PM5/15/17
to sumatra-users

Is there a way for "smt" to run code outside of version control area?

I have a case where I want to supply frozen releases of our code which will run from some installed location and not in any version controlled directory.

So far I tried a few naive things but it seems Sumatra really doesn't want me to do this.

1) Tried just "smt init" and "smt run" in a bare directory.  This complains about lack of version control.

2) Tried making a "dummy" Git repo but "smt run" complains my frozen release isn't under the smt project directory.

Thanks,
-Brett.

Brett Viren

May 17, 2017, 10:34:31 AM5/17/17
to sumatr...@googlegroups.com
Answering myself:

3) Use "smt run -e /path/to/release/main-script.py ..."

In my other tests I was still using "-e python3" and "-m
/path/to/main-script.py".

Giving the script as the executable instead of the "main" lets that
script live outside of a repository.

-Brett.

PS: thanks for sumatra. It is a very nice system.