Problems when changing postgresql record store

Gregor Wautischer

May 10, 2017, 7:06:21 AM5/10/17
to sumatra-users
Hi all!

The following use case just happened:

I am working with sumatra having a postgresql database on one of our servers and connecting to it from my work place. Now recently the server's ip changed and I had to change the record store to the new ip adress. Using "smt configure --store newrecordstore" now did now work since when the new_store.sync function was called it exited since the old store is no longer reachable. However in this case there is no sync necessary since the database is still present and only the ip changed. It was easy to overcome this by just out commenting the sync call. However I thought I would post this use case her. Maybe the change_record_store function should get an optional sync = True/False argument?

Greetings,

Gregor

Andrew Davison

Sep 10, 2017, 10:22:40 AM9/10/17
to sumatra-users
Hi Gregor,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've opened a ticket for it: https://github.com/open-research/sumatra/issues/368

A possibly simpler solution would be to manually edit the `.smt/project` file (I haven't tried it, so I'm not 100% sure this would work).

Regards,

Andrew