Ghislain Picard

Nov 9, 2015, 7:01:43 AM11/9/15
to sumatra-users

Hello,

I'm just starting with sumatra and trying to see if it can fit with my workflow.
I encountered a first problem with a mercurial repo that has no parent/origin, "hg paths" return nothing.
I slightly improved the get_upstream method in mercurial.py, but it seems not sufficient to handle this case.

    def _get_upstream(self):
        if self.exists:
            paths = self._repository.hg_paths()
            if 'default' in paths:
                return self._repository.hg_paths()['default']

In addition, it seems also that sumatra really wants to be run from the main repo where the source are... It is quite unsual for the kind of model I'm using. Instead I have a dedicated "run" directory (in fact I have many). When using smt init -r path_to_versioned_source in such directory, smt fails because it tries to clone in the current directory which already contains data, param files, etc. As my repository is on y disk, does smt really need to clone it ?

Best regards,
Ghislain