Workshop on Natural Building in Leh, Ladakh

Samyukkthaa Orathai

Jun 30, 2024, 9:44:09 AMJun 30
to SuLIns (Sustainable Living in India)
Hello dear Earthlings!

Here we come again with the second version of our crazy car design!

Welcome to the third version of the Natural Building Retreat amidst the trans Himalayan mountains in Ladakh, 2024.

In this 10 day workshop, we will be seeing the car house getting built. The site is set on a stream front in a small village called Gompa, 3km from the Leh market.

If you want to understand Natural building principles in depth, this workshop is for you.

Key Takeaways:
*Ladakhi architecture
*Wall systems- Adobe, Earthbag
*Stone foundation
*Understanding mud - it's properties and
  uses
*Soil testing
*How to design your home
*Overall discussion of natural building in context to different climatic conditions.

Other Fun Activities that can happen will be exploring the heritage around, village walks, sports and games, swimming etc.

ABOUT THE PROJECT:
The workshop will be happening at Gompa, Leh, Ladakh.  The car house will serve as a hostel room for The Hearth Builds. The space is intended for travelers to come together and for learning and sharing to happen through workshops on various topics.

FOOD & ACCOMODATION
Food will be home cooked and mostly home sourced simple vegetarian food. Any kind of intoxicant is strictly not allowed during the workshop.
Accommodation is provided at another village called Spituk. Transport will be arranged by us to and from the accommodation.

DURATION- 8 TO 17 August, 2024.

COST- Rs 20,000 includes workshop facilitation, transport, food and accommodation within Leh, Ladakh.

CONTACT : Whatsapp- 9342580589 / 6005545954 e-mail- earthbu...@gmail.com

TO REGISTER: - Fill in the google form
https://forms.gle/DVFAepcxaPgSjnXv8

More about us-