New development release of projects that conform Harmonic
Distribution effort, Sweets Distribution (packages with
base software) and Sugar Network (content delivering/sharing
== Sugar Network ==
* Improved Sugar Network integration in Sugar Shell.
It is possible to remove activities from local storage in
Home view and install .xo bundles from the Journal.
* After making Sugar Network activities local, related
MIME data will be properly installed.
== Sweets Distribution ==
* Canonical stopped supporting 10.10 release. Thus, Ubuntu-10.10
packages in Sweets Distribution repositories are also frozen and
won't be rebuilt on updates.
* Sugar upstream issue that prevents connecting to secured APs
Factory repository contains Sugar-0.94 which is highly depends
on Network Manager DBus API. On recent systems, there is no way
to connect to wireless Access Points that require authentication.
* Sweets Distribution wiki doesn't suggest installing "sweets-sugar"
package, "sweets-desktop" package should be installed in all cases.
But, it doesn't depend on Sugar Activities any more. All activities
are assumed to be used from Sugar Network or prefetched by
* To Sugar Shell, that is being frovided from Sweets Distribution, were
added Shell plugins functionality:
it is useful way to distribute downstream code. For example, it is
possible to distribute another sugar-datastore implementation and
provide a handle to switch between implementations from CP.
* Added Internet proxy plugin to setup connection behind HTTP proxy.
This is 0.94 only solution. Newer sugar shells might have another
== Deployment Platform ==
* Deployment wiki page was tuned to make it more clear what is the
purpose for Deployment oriented featreus, i.e., creating handy
platform for downstream usage:
* Was create Harmonic Distribution based reference XO distribution
to make it easy to create downstream implementation.
it is fully workable distribution with prebuilt XO images
== Try the release ==
Follow regular Sweets Distribution instructions to setup Factory
repository and start using it on supported platforms:
Right after installation, Sugar Network integration will be disabled, to
In addition, there are prebuilt XO images.
See Sugar Network usage tutorial created by Thomas C Gilliard:
For features and possible issues, consult Sweets Distribution Factory pages:
== Credits ==
* Peruvian community that supports this work. Especially by exposing the real need
in such kind projects and help with making deployment (of Harmonic Distribution
based project) possible.
* World wide community members who donated funds to make full time
* People from mailing lists and IRC channels who are helping in