Testing summary: Packages in Factory as of 23/8/2013

3 views
Skip to first unread message

Sebastian Silva

unread,
Aug 23, 2013, 2:33:03 AM8/23/13
to Aleksey, Laura Vargas, sugar-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alsroot,
Here's our testing report for packages in Factory repository.

The Issue we had with statistics gathering interfering with ad-hoc collaboration looks to be solved.

However,

== Activities fail to start (from Sugar Network) ==

They leave a traceback like this:
http://network-testing.sugarlabs.org/hub/?activities&org.laptop.Log&reports&3f8fbd020b9a11e3a1f2525400e4dcb5

== Submit report freezes sugar for very long ==

Would be better to fork/thread for this I think.

== Building with olpc-os-builder results in error ==

Relevant line looks to be:
    ERROR:root:Error creating Live CD : Failed to find package 'PackageKit-presolve'

Let me know when we should test again,

Regards,
Sebastian

Aleksey Lim

unread,
Aug 24, 2013, 1:50:17 AM8/24/13
to Sebastian Silva, Laura Vargas, sugar-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 01:33:03AM -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> Hi Alsroot,
> Here's our testing report for packages in Factory repository.
>
> The Issue we had with statistics gathering interfering with ad-hoc
> collaboration looks to be solved.
>
> However,
>
> == Activities fail to start (from Sugar Network) ==
>
> They leave a traceback like this:
> http://network-testing.sugarlabs.org/hub/?activities&org.laptop.Log&reports&3f8fbd020b9a11e3a1f2525400e4dcb5
>
> == Submit report freezes sugar for very long ==
>
> Would be better to fork/thread for this I think.

I'm planing to complete main code polishing work these weekends and
upload results to the Factory.

> == Building with olpc-os-builder results in error ==
>
> Relevant line looks to be:
> ERROR:root:Error creating Live CD : Failed to find package
> 'PackageKit-presolve'

I've already polished this part of the Deployment Platform.
Look for recent https://git.sugarlabs.org/platform/reference-xo commits,
there are the following changes in making SN based XO images:

* to make images, there is no requirement to have SN/sugar installed in
the host system, only OOB from one of SD repos (here from Factory);

* sweets.repositories OOB configure option sets all final repos (in OBS
notation) that should be used to install packages while building XO
image and to handle installs/updates afterwards;

* XO installed system was switched to PackageKit-presolve instead of the
yum; so, use `pkcon update` and `pkcon install` to update and install
packages (but only http://node-testing.sugarlabs.org/packages/
packages are being supported) on XO.

--
Aleksey

Aleksey Lim

unread,
Aug 24, 2013, 2:03:32 AM8/24/13
to Sebastian Silva, Laura Vargas, sugar-...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 05:50:17AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
>
> I've already polished this part of the Deployment Platform.
> Look for recent https://git.sugarlabs.org/platform/reference-xo commits,
> there are the following changes in making SN based XO images:
>
> * to make images, there is no requirement to have SN/sugar installed in
> the host system, only OOB from one of SD repos (here from Factory);
>
> * sweets.repositories OOB configure option sets all final repos (in OBS
> notation) that should be used to install packages while building XO
> image and to handle installs/updates afterwards;
>
> * XO installed system was switched to PackageKit-presolve instead of the
> yum; so, use `pkcon update` and `pkcon install` to update and install
> packages (but only http://node-testing.sugarlabs.org/packages/
> packages are being supported) on XO.

* look for [stabilities] option in /etc/sweets.conf in reference-xo
repo, this is a way how to make it possible to launch/image non-stable
activities.

--
Aleksey
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages